1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-500A DVDShrink Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ggreen, Feb 29, 2004.

1. ggreen

ggreen Guest

Hi

Hope someone can help. I have a Sony DRU-500A, using DVDShrink and Nero 6.3.0.3. I am consistently getting the error 'The recorder does not support this type of disc!'. I have tried SONY DVD-R, Fuji DVD-R, Verbatim DVD+RW with no luck. However, once in awhile (1 in 25) the recorder accepts the format. Any help appreciated. I am willing to change software if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks.

2. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I do not have the same burner, but I am using the same process w/ a Pioneer A06. It doesn't really sound like a problem w/ media b/c Nero should recognize any DVD format. Do you know if you need to download any firmware for the drive or you may want to uninstall and then try to reinstall Nero. It's really frustrating when the problem isn't consistent and it makes things harder to troubleshoot (1/25 is pretty cosistent though). You may want to try a few DVD+R's to verify that the media isn't causing a problem. I haven't had any problems w/ the generic media, so you may want to conserve some money and go w/ some of the cheap media.

3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

If your drive used to work, but is now having a prob. Try a fimware update to your drive, I had to do it to my 510a to get it to read newer dvd-r standards.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I am using a Sony DRU-500AX with DVDShrink (I rip with DVD Decrypter) and Nero 6.3.0.3, using Verbatim media with no problems. I've backed up almost 200 movies (getting ready for a RV trip)with less than a half dozen coasters and in each case the media was to blame. I am using the latest firmware which would be a good place for you to start. Get the firmware here.
    http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru500axdwn.htm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
    [/small]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  5. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

I have the exact same burner and have never had that problem.

Make sure you have the latest firmware update for your DVD Burner and see if that fixes the problem, if not, try Nero 5, that's the one I use and haven't made any coasters using Nero with DVD Shrink, DVD2one, etc...

Good luck and let us know if that solved the problem, by the way, I use cheap silvertop media that burns at 1 or 2x max.

6. ggreen

ggreen Guest

Thanks to all who replied. Problem was with the burner.