1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dru 510A (1.1A) & pioneer 108 problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by neo4u, Nov 19, 2004.

1. neo4u

neo4u Member

Where do i begin this at the begining i suppose:

I have had the sony dru510A for over a year now and it has always served me well untill this week. Untill then i had always used the arita 4x media and never had a problem with it. then this week i found a firmware update for the sony that took my fimware up to 1.1A so i updated.
    i also purchased some Arita 8x media as my local shop said "it will just drop down to the speed of you writer" which was handy as they no longer stock the arita 4x media.
    Now this is where it gets complicated: my sony still writes perfectly to the 4x media i have left. But whenever i try to use the 8x media with any burning program the burn fails, for example with discjuggler i constantly get this error:

"(CDB:2a00000008d000001000,status:040002,sense:037303)OPC or PMA update error"

I hear you scream "ITS THE MEDIA", and thats exactly what i though but i also though well now would be as good a time as any to get a better writer so i purchased the pioneer 108.
    And guess what it had exactly the same problems untill i installed the latest aspi drivers now it will at least burn using the media but for some reason it will only burn 4X and its supposed to burn at 16X max but obviously with 8x media it would have only had a max speed of 8, but it wont even do that.

i only tried moving the sony to my other machine but it has exactly the same errors there.

Does ANYONE have a possible idea to what i could be doing wrong here and/or hopefully offer a possible solution

2. BlackHood

BlackHood Member

I just posted in the dvd-r media forum... I have a dru-510 and will not work with ritek g05 discs... cause they are 8x.. I think sony has a major problem.. and they are telling me to screw because their drive cant write 4x on 8x discs

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128675 see link to other post

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004