1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dru 510a

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ronp, Oct 2, 2003.

1. ronp

ronp Member

am new so bear with me. dont know how to reach responders so can use help. I have sony 510a. Copies but will not show on computer or dvd player under simple backup. Will show on computer only under advanced backup. Have spoken up to Tier 2 tech support and they were bumping me to tier 3 but no one has called. I have done everything they asked. Used blacklist, disabled virus scan, even used in another computer. Still same problem. When I put in dvd player - Mitsubishi DD4001, it says "no disc". Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. oracle

oracle Member

Usually the problem comes from the "black devices" not from the burned dvd itself. I use 2 dvd burners, tdk -r 100a and sony +/- r 51oa. I saw the same disk created from the same burner not able to play in all home devices. My opinion is that your question has to do about the firmware used from the "black device" meaning what kind of compatibility uses dvd or udf mode? Disks able to play on my Dennon or nameless cheap devices were not able to play on Pioneer and Philips home devices but still there were able to play on my PC's Pioneer readonly dvd drive!?!?!?