1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony-dru-530a burned dvd's wont play or error out on my home player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by beanieman, Apr 1, 2005.

1. beanieman

beanieman Member

I have tried the new SonyDVD player, JVCcheapo, and the new Samsung 850. Either my burned discs play partially or arent recognized at all.

I'm trying to figure out if my problem stems from the Sony DRU-530a with (2.1g). All my movies will play perfectly on my computer; without a hitch. And all of my burned discs will play on all of the older home players 2 years or older(incl old Sony's).

The new samsung will freeze on all my burned discs at or around the 21-25 minute mark.

I have the following software, and have tried to use multiple progs and methods to try and create compatible discs for a home player.

Software: Dvdxcopy Platinum 4.0.3.8
    Dvdxcopy Platinum RF 4.0.4.15
    CloneDVD2 2.7
    RecordNow 6.7
    DvdDecryptr 3.5.1

I dont think its a software problem but rather a strange encoding issue with the Sony burner. Ive called Sony and they deny this claim.

Does anybody have any ideas why I am having these compatability problems?

2. kocher

kocher Regular member

what kind of media r u using? if the player doesnt read at all orsays "error 13" u r using the wrong disks (+ or-) my sony dvd player wont read + but my sanyo does. esp if older use -r. also use a good brand