1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-530A firmware problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by KaveT, Dec 12, 2004.

1. KaveT

KaveT Member

I've been using the dru-530a for a few months with no problem.

I recently updated its firmware from 1.0d to 2.1c and eversince, the drive can not read/write to any type of DVD media. (no problem with CD media)

anyone have similar problem with this firmware upgrade...help!

Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

No, i updated my Sony DRU700A and didn't have any problems. Then again firmware is a funny thing. You should only update it if it is really needed because of problems. Try deleting the DVD drive and reinstalling it with the original disc like when you first got it. That may eliminate the new firmware, and your problem. Not sure but that's the best advice i can give.

3. drdavis1

drdavis1 Member

The newest firmware for the dru 530a is 3.1.... I think.... I have the same burner and it performs very very well.

4. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

The sony firmware update sight list the 2.1c as the last update for this drive. I have the sony dru 530a and am running the 2.1c update and have no problems.

5. KaveT

KaveT Member

It looks like the DVD functionality is gone after the firmware update. I called sony and they asked me to down grade to 1.0d again ... no luck!

They gave me and RMA

6. drdavis1

drdavis1 Member

Sorry... my mistake on the firmware update info. My firmware actually says 2.1c(3,1,0) ....but it still works very well with no problems.

Have you tried checking your ide-atapi settings in device manager to make sure they are transferring via DMA and not PIO....? Check on the dvdxcopy.com site under platinum and you'll find some details on this. Usually this only affects speed though.....