1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-530A unable to detect any type of disk

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by orangutan, Jan 12, 2004.

1. googoomuk

googoomuk Member

Well my issue is that it I cant burn to a +rw...I can burn to all other media with no problems using nero 6. I get a fromatting disc failed error.
    The media is fujifilm dvd+rw. I havent tried the -rw yet. Could it be the media...?
    I have owned the burner almost a year and this is the frist time Ive tried to burn RW media....
    any help?
    I use fujifilm +r &-r with no problems... I think the manufacture is Richo.

2. hamoskin

hamoskin Member

do you have the 2.0c firmware on the burner? I read on another forum that that fixed someones prob. with regards to media. ;-)

3. googoomuk

googoomuk Member

yea I upgrade to the 2.1a. It still did not work. I downgraded back to 2.0a as i see all these problems on here and it work fine with the orginal fimware. the firmware page(where someone made a link) I saw all the updates...the only problem is that its in japanese and I cant read it..
    I did download the 2.1c verson but did not the install as its in japanese and Im not sure of the update. The other versions on the sight seem to be a bad link. Has anyone tried this version of firmware?

4. hamoskin

hamoskin Member

Yes!! Not only am I running the "c" firmware but, I've read a few other threads of people running it with great success. Good Luck.