1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU- 700a not picking up correctly

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by CHShiznit, Jan 19, 2005.

1. CHShiznit

CHShiznit Member

Windows crashed on me this weekend and after i have reinstalled it, and went to burn a dvd its not picking up the dvd burner correctly in nero it just sets there in idle. So i went to my computer and look and it dvd drive was now showing as a CD Rom when it had a blank dvd in it. So i go to the Drives propertys and now it does not have the options for the DMA settings now either. How should i go about getting this fixed. And this is what it says the drive is in windows Sony DRU - 700a scsi CD Rom.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try going into your device manager and removing the burner drive and the IDE channels. Then re-boot and let Windows reinstall them for you again. In most cases this should straighten up your problem.

Jerry

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  3. CHShiznit

CHShiznit Member

yeah i have tried uninstalling it and then rebooting and letting it repick it up but still is not putting it in correctly, and i have even unhooked the cable booted up let it see it was not there shut down hook the cable back up and then boot back up and let it pick it up and still is picking it up incorrectly.

4. vakharia

vakharia Member

I have a Sony DRU 710a DVD RW drive. My problem is that it does not read the Fahrenheit 9/11 DVD at all. Windows shows an empty drive in explorer. I have so far played at least a 100 other DVD movies on this drive but have never faced this problem. needless to say, no software can read the file as well, viz. DVDXCOPY, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, etc. etc. Please help. My drive region is set to 1 and that cannot be the problem as my dvd player plays the DVD fine. I have an APEX 1200 DVD player. I am using AnyDVD as well as DVD Region + CSS Free 5.58 as well.

5. CHShiznit

CHShiznit Member

Any Suggestions what to try... Willing to try anything that i think will help.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you have to install or update your ASPI layer when it did work and did you do it since the reinstall of XP? Also check for a firmware update for your burner drive.
    Xp doesn't come with an ASPI layer installed.

Jerry