1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-710A and Easy CD Creator

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by genie_dvd, Dec 27, 2004.

1. genie_dvd

genie_dvd Member

I have recently purchased a Sony DRU-710A and had hoped to be able to use it with Easy CD Creator, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot get Easy CD Creator to recognise the drive.

I had tried Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10 and the drive is not recognised, and tried to install Easy CD Creator 6, but on doing so my computer won't reboot.

Any ideas?

2. genie_dvd

genie_dvd Member

Correction on this one...

On Easy CD Creator 5
    If I go into CD burning mode (make data CD or make Audio CD), the drive is recognised.

If I go into DVD burning mode (make Data DVD), the drive does not show up.

I need it to show up with make Data DVD.

Any ideas?

3. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Would totally uninstall Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 & 6. Then use a removal utility from Roxio to remove last traces of program left over. Then if you really want to continue using Easy CD Creator , reinstall version 6, then get all available updates. Does version 5 even support DVD burning? It most certainly is older than your burner. In any event, version 5 is known to be troublesome for Windows XP, and version 6 is by far a less problematic product and once updated, should recognize your burner.

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Would totally uninstall Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 & 6. Then use a removal utility from Roxio to remove last traces of program left over. Then if you really want to continue using Easy CD Creator , reinstall version 6, then get all available updates. Does version 5 even support DVD burning? It most certainly is older than your burner. In any event, version 5 is known to be troublesome for Windows XP, and version 6 is by far a less problematic product and once updated, should recognize your burner.

5. TuVan

TuVan Member

watch out for the Easy CD Creator, it would hurt your DVD device someday when you try to uninstall the software from your computer.

6. mbritton2

mbritton2 Guest

I called roxio and they sent me a mew driver and it works great now