1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-710A will burn but not recognize DVD's

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ammscray, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ammscray

ammscray Member

Hi I searched high and low before I posted :)

my 3 year old sony drive will burn no problem and has given me no problems whatsoever til now...

it won't recognize any DVD, whether commercial or newly made backup...can't rip ANYTHING with DVD Dycrypter...

it seemed to happen gradually, once in a while at first, but now all the time...it does however, recognize and play CD's in it...

and again it burns everything PERFECTLY

I have the latest firmware and all...use Verbatim DVD+R

Do I just need to get a new one?

Any suggestions, even though this burner has served me very well I hear it's not that great

thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Blowerz

Blowerz Member

I have the very same problem and if any1 can diagnos the problem then be great. i also use Verbatim DVD+RW and they worked up till i formated now nothing an i have all latest firmware.

3. ammscray

ammscray Member

hey bro how are ya, I really can't believe nobody has responded to this!

Anyways I ordered a lit-on from newegg cuz it was $35.00 shipped and it's supposed to better than the sony anyways...man the prices have come down...

anyways I've been too busy to install it but if it works perfectly then it's as simple as the DVD reader is wasted in my sony...

I'll report here and send you a PM when I do it and also I'd appreciate if you let me know what happens on your end
    thanks!

4. Blowerz

Blowerz Member

Aww nice one fella. yer i have given up with mine an was thinking of getting new one but external one so can take it to my bosses house and my girlfriends to burn films. Pm me what that 1 is like an post me link if u can of which one it is