1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU500AX More burning probs!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Tappits, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Tappits

Tappits Guest

I have just purchased a DRU500 AX

So far I have created two DVD's using Dazzle's DVD Complete (a bit quirky, but it got me there)!

They have both been burn't on Ricoh DVD+R's in a Ricoh burner. These play fine in PC's and on stand alone players.

I have tried to burn the same vob files to the same dvd's in the sony burner.

They both burn fine, but refuse to register in my LG DVD Rom drive, havn't tried the stand alone players yet.

Am running XP Pro
    512 Ram
    Using Nero 5.5.9.14

I have ben informed that Nero doesn't burn DVD video too well, something to do with checksums not matching up.

Is it woth using anything else to burn?

Is it he discs?

Does the Sony burn better with minus or plus?

It took me 5 months to work out the Ricoh burner. Now I am back to square one with the Sony.

I don't consider myself a newbie because of my 5 month learning curve. So if you feel this is in the wrong area, I do apologise.

Any help from other DRU500 users would be greatly appreciated.

John

2. 99k1500

99k1500 Member

I too just purchased the sony. I have had great luck with my old NEC ND-1100A and +R media. My sony is burning my +R media but it is not recognised by my set top player. -R has worked great even though it takes much longer than the NEC 1100A.

Should never have switched.

3. Tappits

Tappits Guest

After reading more in the forums, minus R are the way to go for video.

They seem to be more compatibable in set top players.

At a crossroads (sorry i'm in UK) i mean intersection!!! now

Not sure whether to buy TDK, Ritek, Sony or Verbatim minus R OR go for a tester pack.

Still don't know if that will solve the prob or is it a hardware thing!!!

Maybe this thread is moving off the subject of this forum slightly.

Anyone else got any more thoughts on the our dilema?