1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Architect 3.0

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by p4_tt, Apr 20, 2005.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Has any1 used this and if so do you think its any good?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

It's Sony, and it's good (not excellent).

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well i just did a mpg to dvd with it and it seems to have worked alright . The only thing i dont like so far is that i added 3 mpgs (all part of the same movie) and after 1 has played it goes back to the main menu i dont know if this can be sorted out. But hey theres always Vison Express.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Of course it can be sorted.
    Look in the linking options, and just link the first to the second, the second to the third.
    It will play as one full movie then.

5. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Ok m8ty will give it a go later, sorry for being such a dummy ;-) i should have knew that ah well lol.

Cheers

6. Lexundros

Lexundros Member

I have a problem in sony dvd arhitect i want to create a dvd from an avi file but sony dvd arhitect doesent recognize video some times
    "video: Stream attributes coult not be determined" and all times the audio streams "audio:Stream attributes coult not be determined" this mesage i get in the left bottom meniu I had tried to change codecs but no use, some movie file recognize just video some movie files dont recognize nothing pls help me i realy like this program beacause i want to creat 5.1 ouput files and i realy cant do that with tmpeg or others programs....

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Lexundros: Why not useing Tmpgenc to encode the Video and then let DVD architect to encode the Audio to Dolby AC3, You will get better quality that way also because Tmpgenc has more advanced encodeing settings than Sony...

Pluss there is no use makeing a Dolby 5.1 audio file From a stereo Audio file because it wouldn"t be a True Surround Sound Audio File because it would be Playing basicly the same thing out of each Channel...You can"t make 6 seperate and distinct audio Channels out of a 2 Channel Sterio File ,You would in essance just be Playing a sterio File out of 6 speakers....

Cheers

8. Lexundros

Lexundros Member

Minion: On some dvd tv dvd players 2.1 sound on home cinema sistem work just in two speakers and thats a problem for me , if you can tell me a audio encoder that i cant encode in ac3 file after tmpeg working (video and sound) that shoul be useful dont know how to encode with dvd arhitect, i realy like that program but....

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well What I usually do is I first of cource decompress the audio in your AVI file or you can end up with sync problems or no audio at all....

I then load the AVI with Decompressed audio into my encoder and encode the AVI file to a M2V Video file and a Wav audio file , I then load the Wav audio file into "Sony Vegas Video 6" and Render the Wav audio file as a Dolby AC3 audio file...(2ch,3ch or 5.1ch)

I then Load my M2V Video file and the Dolby AC3 audio file into my DVD Authoring Program (I usually use DVDLab Pro but DVD architect will also work) and add my menu"s and Chapters and author the movie to DVD....

Vegas Video 6 has a 6 Channel Mixer for creating Dolby Surround Sound Files so you can designate which channels are used for which in the Dolby AC3 audio file, It can also Mix sererate Channels together and use the Mixed Channel as it"s own Channel in the Surround sound File, It can also adjust the Volume of each Channel and add effects to each seperate Channel in the Dolby 5.1 audio file..It is the Best software Dolby AC3 encoder I have used and probably one of the Best on the Market.....

Cheers

10. mbeau88

mbeau88 Member

I had the same thing happen where architect 3.0 said "cannot render file" but the audio played fine. Architect 3.0 Is the best authoring program I've used. and I really wanted to make a DVD of music videos, (Of final fantasy), HELP! Is there a plugin or something?
    I don't care about surround sound, I just like the way it lets you totally customize the menus.

11. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you want Fully Customized menu"s then you should Try useing "mediaChance DVDLab Pro" because it has very advanced menu features and makes much nicer looking menu"s than "DVD Architect 3.0"....

Also no matter what DVD authoring program you use you will allways get Better quality if you encode your AVI files to Mpeg-2 format useing a good encoder Before you author the DVD as opposed to useing the Encoder that is Built into the DVD authoring Program because Generally the encoders Built into DVD authoring programs are pretty mediocre where quality is Concerned and the encoders generally do not have very many settings so you do not get very much Controll over the Way the File is encoded or it"s quality.....

I can usually fit 2 full Movies (or about 3.5 hours) on a DVD with very good quality when I use a good standalone encoder Like CCE or Procoder...
    The quality is actually just as good or better than if I used the encoder built into a program Like DVD Architect but only putting one 2 hour movie on a DVD......

Cheers

12. mbeau88

mbeau88 Member

Huh, so encoding them with CCE doesn't decrease the quality of the file?
    Would Architect 3 render the file If I encoded it first?

13. Minion

Minion Senior member

All Encoders Decrease the Quality of the File to Some Degree but CCE is one of the Best Quality encoders out there so you wouldn"t loose as Much quality as you would with Other encoders...

If the File is allready a DVD Compliant mpeg-2 file when you load it into DVD architect then it will not re-encode the File and Makeing your DVD would Be Much faster than if you were loading an AVI file into DVD architect as Mpeg-2 is the Format that is used on DVD"s so it saves DVD architect from encodeing the File to Mpeg-2 for you and the Quality would be better because CCE is a Better encoder than DVD Architect but like I said CCE is a Bifficult Encoder to use unless you have a Very advanced Understanding of Mpeg encodeing and Digital Video......

Cheers

14. mbeau88

mbeau88 Member

Ok, I just downloaded Cinema Craft Encoder SP, I'll give it a try : )