1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Drive

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by EWaldron, Apr 7, 2005.

1. EWaldron

EWaldron Member

I have had this drive for nearly a year now and it has been brilliant and never had any problems with it until now. I am running Windows XP SP2 and my SONY DVD Drive part no. is DDU1613S. The problem is that when I insert a DVD/CD it either freezes (Ctrl+Alt+del doesn't work nor Alt+F4, Forcing me to restart)or it is ok until I open upmy 'D' drive in my computer. sometimes i can play them in Windows Media player and Power DVD but not all of the time. CD-ROMs don't work at all. I have tried everything I can think of, I have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them i have looked on the SONY site (NO help there) I reinstalled windows media player to see if that was the problem (that seemed to fix it for a while but not for long) I opened up the computer to see if it was loose cables but all cables were in, and i have also checked for virus' but none were found. I can't think of anything else to do. Any help with my problem would be greatly apreciated.
    Thank you. (Sorry about the length)

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what ide port is the drive on, is it jumpered for master, slave or cable select. have you tried drive on another computer to see if problem follows or not??

3. EWaldron

EWaldron Member

Im not sure what port and the drive is set as secondary I think. and i havn't another computer that will surport it.