1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dvd player read problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by newartist, Mar 8, 2005.

1. newartist

newartist Guest

I have a home sony dvd player and keep coming up with a playback problem.When inserting a dvd into the sony that plays perfectly on the computer Quite often I get the display showing T 1 with no playback at all.
    Other disks work fine on both the sony and on other dvd players.
    In fact the ones that give the eror message also play perfectly on friends cheap no brand players.
    Any help much appreciated.

Alan

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What kind of dvds are we talking about, DVD video discs or DVD-/+R/RW discs?

3. newartist

newartist Guest

Sorry, forgot to say what type.
    They are dvd-r and +r.
    Also had some RW dvd's that seem to work fine in either format.

Alan

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What brand of media do you use? What speed are you burning at? What model sony player do you have?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  5. newartist

newartist Guest

It is a sony DVP NS330 player, I have used bulkpaq, ridisc memorex,datawrite and a few others.Sometimes they work without any problem other times it seems that you do a perfect burn and as I have said before they work fine in other dvd players and on the PC but just do not work in my sony.Always showing T 1 on the dvd display .
    It's just bugging me that they work on cheap dvd players but not on my all singing all dancing sony!

Alan

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You didn't said what speed burn at.(the slower, the cleaner the burn) Anyway, try using "made in japan" media.(just a suggestion) And if your burner supports bitsetting, use +R/RW media and set the booktype to DVD-Rom. Hope you have better luck.