1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony dvd-r accurcore discs?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by vickyrees, Feb 17, 2007.

1. vickyrees

vickyrees Member

hi
    i have a sony dvd rw dw-d22a bys2 updated with the latest firmware to the dw-d22a bys6, i have burnt dvds on the new sony accucore dvd+r but i cannot burn on the sony accucore dvd-r - is there anything specific i could be missing? i am using power producer 2 gold and have had no problems with it until using these dvd-r discs and i can burn on any other dvd-r but when i try to burn with them power producer ejects the disc and says burning failed unspecified error ?????? i would greatly appreciate any help in solving this
    thanks guys
    vicky

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

it must not like those disks i think you can go to dvdhelp.com and if you put in the model number of your burner and search that model you should come up with some thing that will tell what kind of disks will be able to be used on that burner

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Stick with the plus format, LOL.

Just messing around with you vicky.

What speed are these sony discs?

Is there any actual burn on these dash discs when they eject?
    Just look at the bottom for any purple/blue ring discoloration. Odds are,there's no burn so them discs may still be good.If any burn,then they are land fill material.

Lots of drives are having firmware issues with 16x sony media,even with the latest fw updates.That's what's giving sony a bad rap.You may have to wait for a future update.

Sony dash 1x-16x media has 2 different manufacturers. Ty-G03 which are very good and Sony16D1 which are pretty decent.Your drive may recognize 1 of them,but not the other. Same applies to their 4x and 8x media-different manufacturers even with the same speed rate of discs.

Use this free program to find the MID codes for both your plus and dash media:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm