1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD+R (MIT) 16X Good or Bad Media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by SysAdPgh, May 8, 2007.

1. SysAdPgh

SysAdPgh Guest

Just got back from one of our Best Buy Stores with 1-50 pack of DVD+Rs 16x. The label says 'Made in Talwan' DVDInfoPro says they are 'Sony D21'. Are these Good, Bad or Trash? I hate to use these as System Recovery Discs if they are crap but we ran short and our order isn't to come for another 2 or 3 days.

As always... Thanks for all your help!

2. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

I've used plenty of them, and haven't had a problem with one, so I would say good.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I've burned about 100 of them - all good on my end too.

If your firmware isn't up to date - update it 1st.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've burned over a thousand. My nero scans avgs about 94. All in all, Decent media. I'd rate it up there with Ritek-R03,Ritek-P16, Ricohjpn-R03.

System Recovery discs?

I backed mine up on Fuji-Tys: Yuden000-T02

Only the best for critical data like that. I'm not sure about your pc,but mine only allowed 1 try at making the bootdiscs.

Some drives are hit or miss with SonyD21-usually a firmware update will take care of it unless it's an older drive.

5. SysAdPgh

SysAdPgh Guest

We normally use Verbs but I didn't order enough and have a few day till our next order arrives so I needed to fill in. As soon as our order gets here we'll re-do all the Sony discs. We should be safe either way since we did a hard drive dup on all these systems. Actually takes less time for that than the DVD backup.

Again, thanks for all your input and help! Always know if I have a media question this is the place to find the "Truth".

6. Unjust2u

Unjust2u Regular member

Hey Saugmon, Binkie, XxRUINSxX, Thats some pretty reputable people giving that media the thumbs up! I might just get a 50 pack and try it out? :)

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

lol - I was in Best Buy yesterday using up my rewards certificates and picked up a 50 pack of the +R's myself - $12.99.

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I have had a really high success rate with the MIT D21 Sony discs . . while not quite 'up there' with the Yudens and the Verbs, I believe that they're a step up on the RicohJpn and Ritek discs . .

And if you can get them for $12.99 and there's no Verbs on sale . . weeelllll ya can't beat ti!

Victor

9. jony218

jony218 Guest

I bought a 100 pack of Sonys DVD+16x (code D21),I used Nero to do a quality test after I burned a couple of backups on my NEC 16x burner, the results where from 70% to 85% quality (I burn all my backups at 8x).My backups played fine on my computer, but I would not trust these DVD's on something real important.On my Taiyo Yuden's DVD-8x TYG02 I get 93 to 95% and on Verbatim DVD+16x I have gotten 99% on the same burner.The sale price was good $24.99 for the Sony's, but in the future I'll stick to the Taiyo Yudens.Like some of the other users have stated it might give you better results on your burner.