1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD-R or Sony DVD+R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nimajneb, Apr 8, 2007.

1. nimajneb

nimajneb Member

Best Buy has a sale on both, which one should i get or is sony not recomnended?

2. millerkid

millerkid Member

i only use sony dvd -r never had a bad burn yet

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

If your planning on using Swap Magic, they function exactly the same. Same with pretty much any loader or modchip for PS2. DVD+R/-R function really the same, just + can be written over. - is just a final copy. Though some people say DVD-R are more reliable then DVD+R.

Buy either one, doesn't really matter.

4. nimajneb

nimajneb Member

alright thanks. ill get whatever they have in stock. lol

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I say go for the DVD-R as most people have better luck with those. If your burner can booktype media to DVD-Rom then the +R would be a better choice.
    And +R is not re-writable as stated above, DVD+RW is and i do not suggest using that for games as most PS2 systems have a problem with it.

6. schweet

schweet Guest

I've always used +R and never had a problem.

Like was mentioned, a lot of people will say use -R, but my PS2 is performing perfectly using +R discs. I have a silver slim version either 12 or 13 and my loading times are great, no funny noises, nothing that shouldn't be.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, my PS2 will read either one. But my burner also automatically booktypes all DVD+R to DVD-Rom so i can not tell how they would work without that. But primarily i stick to a good DVD-R

But i usually test them then it is copied to the hard drive so i rarely play any games from the discs anyway. They are just for backup copies that i can keep in storage in case i even need them.

8. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I say get whatever works for you. Unfortunately for me, with my slim, silver v15 PS2, I have had problems with many rebuilt games and those on DVD-R even with booktyping them to DVD-ROM with a NEC burner I borrowed from a friend. BE fortunate yours can do both. I'm stuck with DVD+R. And, as a matter of fact, since you can opt for either one, I stay with DVD-R since it's cheaper then a DVD+R and there's not much of a difference between DVD-R and DVD+R but only dependent on your particular console like mine.