1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD +r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by btitus, Mar 4, 2005.

1. btitus

btitus Regular member

I got what I considered to be a great deal when I picked up a spindle of 50 Sony DVD-r for 20 bucks at Staples. When I checked the package it said made in Japan so I was confident that I was getting good quality. When I got home and ran one through the DVD Identifier program they came up with a code of D11 but the manufacturer was still listed as Sony. I had never seen that b4 and now I'm afraid to try them out. My mistake was when I looked at the package marked made in Japan it was for the "dash R's and I had bought the "plus R's" that are made it Japan. Should I give these a try or take the spindle back to Staples. I always use +r's and really thought I was getting a great deal!!!!!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Give those sony d11's a shot,or take them back for sunday's 25 pack spindle sale.

The mfg code should be sonyD11. I got a spindle of them a couple months ago with that code,but they were made in taiwan.These were the 25 pack spindles +1x-8x.All burned great,no flaws whatsoever. I have not tried the 50 pack,taiwanese +1x-8x,but they should check out with the d11 code.All 8 + format 1-8x spindles I picked up at staples last 2 sony sales were all made in japan and coded as YUDEN000-T02.Both taiwanese and japanese spindles were all mixed together and had to sort them out.

You might want to double check the country they were made in.That would be very odd,but I have seen sony use media code 0D41 on the -1x-4x from both taiwan and austria. These are the ones to be weary of.The 1-8x's are far superior than most of their 4x,according to my benq backups.

CAUTION on those sony +1x-8x's. Do not leave your burn settings set at max. These babies will burn at 16x in my burner and other members also.Both taiwanese and japanese.

The dash 1x-8x,made in japan check out sony08D1 and should be a great media. Lots of people very happy with them,so I am giving them a shot.

Staple's have the 25 spindles of sony +/- 1x-8x media on sale starting sunday. $9.94. I checked my local store out earlier,and all their + spindles were taiwan.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey btitus, I forgot to add. What is the number where is says "paquet de 50 pack" in yellow on that label.

I have 50DPR47LS3. These are the sony ty's.I am curious to see what your's says.

4. btitus

btitus Regular member

The number is 50dpr47ls3. I'm going to give one a try and see what happens.

5. btitus

btitus Regular member

Saugmon, thanks alot for the heads-up. The Sony DVD+r burned perfectly. The result looks as good as my Verbatim and Maxell media. I figured since they were from Sony they would be okay but you just never know.

6. btitus

btitus Regular member

In the original posting I had meant to say that the media was made in Taiwan. Sorry about that!!! I know people were saying "Why is he worried when the media is made is Japan?!!!"

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's funny you mention this because I just got back from Walgreens and I was gonna get the Sony DVD+R (they were a buck cheaper and it was 25 dvd+r) but I decided to go with TDK since I had used that brand before. Let me know how it turns out :)

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Staples will probably take them back even after their opened if need be. I needed a few rw discs and the smallest quantity I could find was a 5pk of memorex dvd+rw's. Well I hate memorex but thought I might get lucky and get some ricohjpn's. Never again. I checked the MID at home and they were infodisc's. I took them back just thrown back in the staples sack and returned them for a 10pk sony dvd+rw MID phillips 041 no questions asked. These sony's have performed flawlessly.

9. kinza

kinza Regular member

i returned a 50 spindle of sony dvd-r to best buy, no questions asked. they were open and i think 5 were in my trash can.