1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD RW DW-G120A Help Please.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mikec32, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mikec32

mikec32 Guest

Hi Have

Sony DVD RW DW-G120A (MYS6WIN Firmware)XP SP2 and enough RAM and CPU with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.19, DMA ON, Autorun ON, System ASPI (Adaptec), and also I use ConvertXtoDVD 2.2.1.253.

So the problem I have is that the drive wont see burned DVDs on (Phillips DVD-RW version 1.0, revision 1.0, 120min media) discs but yet the drive will read an original DVD and also a CDR CDRW so im really pulling my hair out.

The only thing I can thnk of is that ConvertXtoDVD has somehow knackered the DVD-RW discs after if finished writing them, but the odd thing is that the discs are playable in a standalone Sony DVP-NS305 DVD Player.

And the only other thing I have done is to erase the DVD using Nero but since then I have burned another film onto one of the discs and that worked ok in the Sony DVD Player.

So can anyone shed some light on the matter is it a rubbish Sony DVDRW drive or is the Media rubbish or is ConvertXtoDVD somehow rubbishing the media as I now have 3 unreadable discs when inserted into the PC.

Please help as im going mental, Many Thanks

03.10am

P.S This is with a slipstreamed XP with SP2 install (if that makes a difference)

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try uninstalling your secondary IDE controller and then rebooting. Let windows reinstall it.

If not, see if your connections are al correct and not damaged in any way. IDE, power, etc.

3. mikec32

mikec32 Guest

Thanks for the reply,

But I found the problem, the drive lens wasnt picking up DVD data but it was reading CD data as the lens must have had a fault, I put the media in another PC and it worked fine I bought another drive and tried the same disc in that new drive and it worked a charm, so the drive was kaput.

Thanks

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ok, well glad you're sorted one way or another.

5. mikec32

mikec32 Guest

I know this is off topic but I didnt want to start a whole new thread.

Have you got an official link for peer guardian, and do you block HTTP or will that prevent access to websites?

Thanks for your time, knowledge and help.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

7. mikec32

mikec32 Guest

Cheers mate, I was just a little worried as where to download from as reading some threads here sourceforge was mentioned as the download site as Pheonixlabs had some internal problems, as I read it one of the developers did a runner with some money and Pheonixlabs may of been a bit iffy to download from, I just searched for peer guardian on this site and read a few of the threads, but they were older threads.

Thanks again.