1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD RW DW-U14A

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Tealc, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Tealc

Tealc Member

Hello,
    II have the DVD recorder Sony DVD RW DW-U14A that is a version OEM of the DRU 510A. When I try to record a CD-R bigger that 700MB and introduce a virgin DC-R of 800 MB or 875 MB only it recognizes 700 MB.
    Is it a problem of software or frimware of the DVD recorder? Or maybe my DVD recorder cannot record this kind of CD-R's
    Thank you for yours helps

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. Tealc

Tealc Member

Thank you
    I tray to make this.

4. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

tealc, are you using 90/99/100 minute CDR? the standard CDR is capble of 700 MB of data, you can overburn over that but it doesnt always work. Ive tried using 90 and 99 minute CDRs with my own DWU14a to no sucesss.. Nero refuses to start to the overburn process thus the burn fails.. actually it never started, Nero never started burning the disc in the first place

5. Tealc

Tealc Member

Sadjoker
    I normally burn CD-R 700 or minor, but I buy same CD-R's of 100 99 and 90 min to record dvix films and to make security copies.
    When I tray to burn same of these CD-R's Nero or Alcohol 120 only recognize 80 min (703 MB) and I can not burn the CD-R because Nero or Alcohol write the message "Insufficient capacity on the disc, introduces the appropriate one"

Could sameone help me?