1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD to Panasonic DVD Writer !

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Jono, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Jono

Jono Member

I have a Sony DVD Player with a MOD chip that plays all regions and disables macrovision. I can easily copy DVD's to video. If I link my Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD Recorder the same way, it won't!! Theory would think it would. Anybody done/tried/resolved this ?

2. kubukee

kubukee Guest

say Juno, you say your Sony DVD player with a mod chip disables macrovision. Macrovision is the demon that blocks copying DVDs in the first place. Where did you get the chip and what is the model of the sony dvd player. I have a Panasonic DMR-E20 also. I am trying to copy DVD's also without success. Is there anything out there that will allow us to copy retail dvd's to dvr disc?

3. Jono

Jono Member

The Sony DVD is a model 336. The MOD chip was installed when bought and can turn macrovision on or off, which I guess is the same as disable/enable. Theory would think this would work as the Sony is the source player. Any comments/help SUCCESSES, please reply.

4. syko

syko Guest

Having a similar problem with my setup (pioneer moded dvd deck) have you resolved the problem yet?

5. vramirez

vramirez Member

Hi!

I just bought a DMR-e20 also, and I am having the same problem even recording from macrovision VHS TAPES!
    Funny thing is that I have a macrovision disabler filter (from SIMA) it works blocking type 1 macrovision, and I can copy macrovision enabled vhstapes to another, but NOT to the DMR.

Anyway, I tried making a VHS copy passing the filter, and tried then to record the filtered copy to the DMR, STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Every conection available I have tried with no luck, so, I am looking for someone selling the macrovision disabler chip for the DMR.

It is logical, since macrovision is a white signal transmited to the invisible side of the screen and the filters and chips only stabilise some signals in order to get a clear one.
    (I am not triyng to give a long or accurate explanation, so you better search for macrovision info instead in order to understand why and how the DMR is detecting it)

Anyway, please let me know if someone finds the chip :)

Cheers!

6. syko

syko Guest

Finaly got it cracked, picked up a Smart dvd player which has everything disabled! and also has a pal 50 converter built in, plugs right in via S video socket and records onto both my DMR-E20 and also my new Pioneer DVR-7000 results are very good,even puts in chapters,
    Hope this helps....good look my friends...

7. rman46

rman46 Guest

I have a panasonic dmr e20 dvd recorder, and I need to know where did SYKO get the smart dvd player to record dvd's. where can I buy it at ? I live in the united states. or is it anyone else who knows exactly what to use to copy dvd's ? where can I buy it at ? Please help, thank you

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2002
  8. trevelyn

trevelyn Guest

where did syko get his dvd does anyone know