1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DW-D22A flashed to DRU-710A FW BYX4 Won't read bank media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by punknudle, Dec 8, 2007.

1. punknudle

punknudle Guest

There's been alot on here about these drives, but nothing specific to what I'm experiencing. When I insert a blank dvd or cd it does not recognize it as anything being there. I've tried Imation 16X DVD+R, Verbatim 16X DVD+R, FujiFilm 16X DVD-R and +R, and Imation 1X-52X CD-R to no avail. I Fashed with the DRU-710A BYX4 firmware and still no dice. Not really sure what to try next. Could anyone help? Would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks in advance.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You could try flashing back to the previous firmware, if it will let you.

Does the drive show up in Device Manager? If so, uninstall it there, reboot, and see if the problem clears up.

3. punknudle

punknudle Guest

Guess I maybe should have been more specific, the reason I flashed new firmware in the first place, was because I was trying to fix the problem I mentioned above. Only then, it would read blank cd-rs and burn them ,which it is now doing, after flashing 1653S.CSOT firmware. But still will not recognize dvd media of any type, even store bought movies. Will try uninstall and reboot like you suggested, though , GrandpaBW. Thanks for your help.

4. punknudle

punknudle Guest

OK. Uninstall and reboot didn't change anything. Flashed back to old firmware BYS3 and it still doesn't recognize dvd media, but now NTIDVDMaker says there isn't even a supported drive. I use NTI to check free space on dvds because even when it did work, even in My Computer DVD drive always showed 0 used space and 0 free space on dvd blanks. Possible the thing has just bit the dust? But if it did why would it still burn cd media just fine? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.