1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericsson K750i HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by JC4SM, Aug 21, 2005.

1. JC4SM

JC4SM Member

Hi,

I bought a K750i mobile 2nd hand about a week there, everything was going fine untill i turned on the phone this morning and it was having none of it.It keeps saying inactive sim. i have tried a few other sims but they keep saying there inactive, when i know there not. Can this be a fault with my phone or network. A friend of mine said it could have been stolen?.I tried a Virgin Mobile sim in my phone and it comes up VIRGIN but only gives 3 bleeps when i try and call.Have I Been robbed of my money for an expensive Paper weight?
    Any Help Would Be appreciated.

Jamie

2. PeterEdin

PeterEdin Regular member

I have a new Vodafone branded K750 and yesterday I got the same Inactive SIM message.

Its only happened once in the 10 days I have had the phone. Switching the phone off and back on cured the problem (at least so far). I have emailed Sony Ericsson today and will let you know what they say.

3. ianlov

ianlov Member

Hi

If you are getting 3 rising tones then your handset has more than likely been blacklisted :( if that is the case take it back to where you got and demand a refund.
    What to do first of all is with the phone switched on take the battery of the back of the phone and take the sim out. Then put it the phone back on without thie sim in the phone it should then say insert sim etc. Take the battery off again and out back together inserting the sim card. This is called a Soft reset and should then ask you to enter the time etc.
    If you are using a different sim to the one you got with the phone it might not be compatible so try another sim and see if that works.
    If none of this works contact Sony who will probably tell you to contact your Service Provider who wont be able to help as you dont have a receipt catch 22 im afraid.
    Let me know how you get on though :)

4. fewy24

fewy24 Member

Did you guys get the problem fixed ?, I just got a k750i today and am geting the same problem, inactive sim card, I tryed my o2 sim card in my friends k750i and it works fine so the problem must be the phone, I rang o2 and sony and they were no help

5. ianlov

ianlov Member

Hi

What you might need to do is get the software updated on it i know there are always lots of problems with Sony handsets on O2 and Vodafone?
    Generally all you need to do is take the handset to one of the stores and they can update it?

6. PeterEdin

PeterEdin Regular member

Well surprise surprise, Sony Ericsson said to contact my service provider presumably becuase Inactive SIM is a SIM related error(you don't say). So I have...watch this space.

However, another weird thing happened to my K750. I have the cell info set to on and it displays the area code I am in. It usually says 0131 which is where I am, however, yesterday it showed 01444 which is some place called Bolney in West Sussex...at least 350 miles away.

7. ianlov

ianlov Member

Hi Peter

In regards to the area code display on your phone it will display the area code which is relevent to the cell you are logged onto this could be 450 miles away. That is why if you have problems with your sim we would usually advise you oon a manual roam or soft reset as explained earlier.
    Goodlouck with the service provider you will probably find them not much help unless it is software related they will probably tell you to take it to a shop where they can check it out and then send it away if need be.
    If your handset is unlocked then try another network sim in it and see what happens?

8. JC4SM

JC4SM Member

Hi i phoned up 02 yesterday and the said my IMEI (*#06#) was blacklisted and that i have to take the phone to thge police station as it is useless to me. So AGAIN i have been done out of my money. Thanks For the help guys.
    Jamie Cruickshank

9. rubiks2

rubiks2 Member

Did you pay by credit card for the phone?

10. JC4SM

JC4SM Member

no i had just bought it of someone i knew

11. hicom

hicom Member

hey ther i also bought a k750i phone of the internet and it came with the w800i cover already installed i've had it for about a month now and last night it said inactive sim after i sent a txt, i did get a warranty with the phone but because the metal plate under the battery is missing o2 won't do anything, they told me the contract that it was taken out on had probably been cancelled, so i'm currently on the phone to o2 to ask them about this guys account.

I Hope they can help..if not its £200 down the drain!

Andrew, Scotland

12. PeterEdin

PeterEdin Regular member

Regarding my Inactive SIM on my new K750, SE said to see Vodafone. I did and they said that ideally once a day one should switch the phone off and back on again once a day. Yeah right. I've never had to do this in the past, and mobiles periodically make connections to the network anyway even if the phone isn't being used. My inactive SIM message has only happened once. I'm not superstitious but "touch wood" it doesn't happen again :)

13. ianlov

ianlov Member

Hi

There is a readon why you would were told this by Vodafone and that is that the phone stays locked on a paticular cell and the further you get away from it the less information your phone can recieve. You were advised to tuen yout phone off so that the phone can update with the network as sometimes it dosent because of the above. This isnt a problem with your phone all phones can do it and it happens a lot.
    You dont have to turn your phone off and on you can do a manual network selection pick a different network which it wont let you then pick Vodafone etc again. The quickest way to do it is to take the battery off the phone whilst it is switched on and then put it back together.

In regards to the inactiove sim error have you done the above checks ie checked if there is a sofware update etc. If not check them out and if you need an update you should be able to get this free from one of the stores?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  14. PeterEdin

PeterEdin Regular member

Thanks. I thought up a software update. I may very well do that.

I must say, I luv the K750.

15. troman12

troman12 Regular member

As far as i know there is no way to unlock k750 except box.

16. jammy123

jammy123 Guest

if ne1 has a k750i can u please e-mail me on nathan_2k5br@hotmail.co.uk im trying to put music onto it of the usb that i got wiv the 4n but it never seems to work for me if u no how 2 plzzz tell me thanxxx

17. grilleren

grilleren Member

stolen phone ! lol you need to change your imei number(you cant without changing the rom which is a chip inside the phone) or the phone is useless ! or sell it to someone in a different country than yours

18. Fiasst

Fiasst Member

EDIT:

Never mind the 750i i just brought execpts 02 :)
    x

Last edited: May 5, 2006