1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY FYI

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kunalk, Mar 22, 2007.

1. kunalk

kunalk Member

just a lil experience i had....wll 5 yrs back my dad bought a complete decked out sony system, reciever, dvd player, and wall speakers...so neways we moved into this new house and set it all up...well we learned burnt dvds or cds dont work on sony dvd players, and even my cousin has one and it never worked for him, BUT just recently he learned if u buy "-R" instead of "+R" it works. Anyone else experience this? or Now why this is so?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

No, I know a couple of people with Sony dvd players, that play +R discs just fine. Especially if you Booktype them to DVD Rom.........

3. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

I got a sony dvd player it is 5 years old it will play anything

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

so your dad bought a player at a time when +R wasn't as prevalent, so it was only designed to work well with -R. so? if it didn't work for your cousin on a separate machine, i'd say his is old or faulty, or he was using crappy media.

off the top of my head, this looks like a junk media issue, not an issue with the player.