1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony giga pocket drivers.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by SeanZ0r, Aug 20, 2005.

1. agak

agak Regular member

If the PC still has the recovery partition, normally you boot into the recovery partition buy tapping the F10 key on bootup and reinstalling everything.

2. agak

agak Regular member

If the PC still has the recovery partition, normally you boot into the recovery partition by tapping the F10 key on bootup and reinstalling everything.

3. MySony

MySony Member

agak, thank you for helping me!
    I recover my computer with F10 ... and now i have Win XP Home with all drivers and software. It's just nice :eek:) Thank you again!

But now I have some unknown problem with my TV channels.
    I start Giga Pocket TV Setup Wizard... but anyway i got the gray screen

I have there "Standard CATV (C1-C125) Without STB" in the drop down menu i have STD, HRC and IRC. I have "Standard antenna (2-69)" and "STB (Set top box)".... i set up the home antenna, after that i do the AUTO SCAN with all that possible ways.... after all i got some "OK" channels, but they all gray :((( I cant see nothing, and i can't hear nothing .... I live in Russia, but i dont know what system have our TV channels :(

Ya .. and i try to connect my dvd payer to video in and audio in... i got som noisy black&white screen (but audio is ok)

What can i do now, for solving that problem?
    Thank you for helping me, AGAK

Sincerely yours,
    Max

4. agak

agak Regular member

5. agak

agak Regular member

6. agak

agak Regular member

The tuner card is only NTSC and will not display SECAM or PAL in Russia (EU). You will need an source converted to NTSC video.

7. MySony

MySony Member

agak
    I don't know what is "source converted to NTSC video" :eek:(
    Is it software or hardware? Please tell me how can i see the TV, what i need to do?

8. dj59y

dj59y Member

hello all.. i've had a 26 card for years and could never get it to work now that i found this thread it gave me new hope..i've read through the previous posts and i got the drivers and that install went flawless as far as i can tell. but

i've also downloaded the gigapocket files from 2 different sources on here and both give me the same error when i go to install them.

"error number:0x80040702
    description: failed to load dll: SYSECURE
    Setup will now terminate"

i've tryed searching for this DLL and there is no info online for it that i could find nor could i find a download for it.. has anyone else had this issue?

i also dont know if this is related but running vegas 7.0 and Arkaos 3.5 it will see the card but vegas says it's in use and cannot initialize and Arkaos jsut loads a empty window.

BTW i'm running the card in a custom PC with XP pro SP3

any help would be great. thank you.

***EDIT***
    i just tried V4.3 and it hun up on the same error.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  9. philly15

philly15 Member

Hi I finally have successfully launch giga pocket on Windows XP professional and I am very happy. I would like say THANK YOU and show appreciations for the contributors in this thread- ramchip, agak, and several others I might missed, THANK YOU all.

I believe I have ENX-26, and here are the steps and struggles I took to be able to launch GIGA POCKET
    1. under device manager, I have "Multimedia Video Controller" with a yellow question mark which I think related to GIGA POCKET
    ----. to solve this problem, I download this file - http://www.cc.utah.edu/~scm8/files/mpeg_encoder_1_1_4_6020.zip - and update the multiplemedia video controller driver. (If you don't have this problem, you can skip 1)

2. download the giga pocket application or software ( in my case I have the ENX 26 ) so http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GVNH7MX.

3. Open the zip file then go to Giga pocket 5.5 application folder>setup.exe

4. After installation, I tried to open giga pocket and received this error " missing file sgppq.dll"
    ---- So I went over to my computer model support site- http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PCVRS422X --and download and ran the gigapocket software utility. After a reboot, I was able to successfully launch GIGAPOCKET.

Anyway those are the steps I toke and I hope these steps would help you to have an idea of what you need to do. --- Many thanks to agak and ramchip again for the links and the efforts to help us out.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  10. philly15

philly15 Member

since you have the ENX 26 card, did you download this file and install the software from this site? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GVNH7MX?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. Lord85

Lord85 Member

I cant find drivers and software for Sony karin ENX 25 tv card. Computer model is Sony PCV-W2. Can anyone help me???? Thanks

12. squatchy

squatchy Member

Can you send me this driver link? I am having the same problem.

13. squatchy

squatchy Member

Can you send me this driver link? I am having the same problem.
    Can you send me the driver link if you still have it?

14. ppitcher

ppitcher Guest

@sudavid,

You have two choices actually, you either:

-search google

or

-go directly to your manufacturer's website

As for me, since I'm using a sony product, I get my sony drivers from driversdownloadhub.

15. agak

agak Regular member

ENX-26 MCE drivers OEM1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6DTMIR5U

Arcsoft TotalMedia 3 works very well for ENX-26
    I assume SageTV, Orb or other software would also work with these BDA drivers.

16. ramchip

ramchip Member

You're Welcome.

Ramchip

17. ggutz1011

ggutz1011 Member

Reusing a ENX-26 from an old Sony desktop.
    Running Windows 7 64 bit.
    I see "multimedia video controller" with a yellow exclamation point in device manager.
    I try to update the driver (look for drivers downloaded from here)
    Then nothing happens, Windows says it cant find anything.

Been at this for a week and its driving me crazy, please please help.
    Is it just not compatible with 64 bit?

18. sonyuser

sonyuser Member

I was successfully running Giga Pocket 5.5 on my vaio vgn-a290 but haven't used it in nearly 3 years. I recently launched it and a hardware overlay error came up. It's been too long to try to recover to an earlier time when it was working, so I uninstalled then re-installed using the recovery wizard. Now when I launch Giga Pocket, the error "Failed to initialize Giga Pocket Hardware Library" comes up and app closes. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The TV tuner card is built into my docking station (vgp prav-1) and I'm running XP home. All drivers associated with the docking station are working fine and there are no conflicts in my Device Manager. I tried other versions of Giga Pocket (through downloads from this thread) with no success as they don't seem to be compatible with my system. Thanks for any help.

19. BoogMU

BoogMU Member

Wow... so much good information here. I have read through this and tried, but I cannot get my setup working.

I have a Vaio PCV-1102 but when I got to support and let Sony ream my model, is displays as Vaio RZ14G.
    I had my drive go bad so I had to start over and my recovery disks are long gone.

I have a ENX-15 card in my machine.
    I followed the link here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BU4WC6CG

to download the GigaPocketV4.3+Simple DVDENX-15.zip file and tried the follow the installations.
    - When installing Gigapocket, my installer just hangs (it hung for 24 hours)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25524896/giga_err.JPG

So I am not sure if that is my problem, but if I kill it, it seems like everything installed OK.
    When I launch giga pocket, I just see this error, then it kills itself.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25524896/giga_err_2.JPG
    Then
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25524896/giga_err_3.JPG
    Then it kills itself.

Any ideas? Any easy way to just start over on this?

20. agak

agak Regular member

The GigPocket version 4.3 for ENX15 should install / work with no problem on XP home, Pro or Server 2003.
    Not sure why install would hang.
    "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25524896/giga_err_3.JPG" I think indicates video driver is not compatible. Go to esupport.sony.com and install original video drivers and try reinstalling GigaPocket 4.3

Last edited: May 11, 2011