1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY HDD Camcorder?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dukeidude, Apr 27, 2007.

1. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

hi guys, my birthday is coming up (June 3) and my parents are allowing me to get a camcorder.ive been looking at one of the new Sony HDD video ones. just wanted an oppinion

2. bruce60

bruce60 Member

3. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

hey, thanks man. that helped. im now getting a Sony Handycam DCR-SR82. its got 60 gb internal hard disk drive and memory pro duo slot also. it looks tight too. i just have to buy it in a week so my mom can say yes. but thanks for the help

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I have the 40 GB version and its nice. Make sure it transfers to your computer in a friendly MPEG format. I use a friends Sony SR-1 HD camera often though. The Sony HD cameras that use AVCHD file format are more trouble than worth right now. They've been out for over 6 months with almost no editing software that keeps the resolution in HD. The latest Nero upgrade a few weeks ago fixed that though and I've been glued to my computer editing months of clips since then.

5. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

o, geez, i thought it recorded in MP-4 format or something. so does this mean that i cant burn DVD's?

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member