1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony hdd utility disk

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cyprien, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

does anyone have the disk?... or someone can make iso of it?.... cuz i dont really want to buy the hdd and get the game and all that... just want the utility that comes with it... i already got hd for my ps2 just need the util.. dont know if this piracy... mods can lock this one if it is...

2. Shadow305

Shadow305 Member

Thats exactly what I want to know. I'll keep on looking to see if theres a place where you could probably download it. I'll try to keep you posted.

Oh yeah, dont leash a flury of assults on my shadow. Thats what I am!!!

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

lol yeah keep me posted k dude... about my sig well... people always get the wrong idea about it... thats not me saying that.. thats eyetie... he said that line not me lol... i probably should edit the sig for tha sake of people lol...

4. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

How do you have the HDD but not the utility disc, they come bundled together.

Anyways, Yeah I have the disc. HDD Utility Disc v1.10. But I'm not sure if you can make a copy of the disc, I'm gonna pop that disc in my drive to see how big it is. It can't be that much cuz all that disc basically does is format and defrag the hdd and it also contains newer dvd rom drivers. If the disc doesn't say copywrite anywhere(or anything saying something about illegal stuff) on it and if the .iso filesize isn't that big, I might .zip it and send it to people that need it.

I'll post after I find that stuff out.

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i got my own hdd i didnt get the hdd that come with the util... im just looking for the util... i know the hdd has few things that regular hdd dont have but thats what im here for.... ill see if i can hack few things and make it a better util.... that can actauly read my or any hdd... and do what it does with a sony hdd.. o btw did you hear about burnout3?.. man that game is soo damn coool.. just saw a trailer of it... that game gonna kick some ass when it comes out in september...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]eyetie is a stupid silly lil person... heres why...

"I will give you 1 warning and 1 warning only. Continue to piss me off on my threads and I'll leash a flury of assaults on you, your family, and your fuckin shadow too."[/small]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  6. DrumPlaya

DrumPlaya Member

what does the hdd that you have do more then the one that comes stock. and where can i get the hdd and utility disc?

7. razarg

razarg Member

I bought the official harddrive (with FFXI) when it first came out, and I had problems getting the harddrive to work with my DMS3.

The Harddrive Utility disc is not DVD, but CD. It is around 650 MB. The harddrive/ffxi combo that just came out was shipped with 1.10 drivers. The Beta harddrive/ffxi that was released earlier was shipped with 1.0 drivers.

The 1.10 drivers has more DNAS on it, and prevents the DMS3 from playing backups. Quick boot mode, still works however. Then, I tested it with 1.0 drivers, and it works perfectly with the DMS3. (Must be less DNAS on this disc... Either that or less effort to alter the startup process.)

Now, whether or not you can use this driver disc with a "regular" harddrive or not, I am not sure.

The disc can be backed up. Provided that when you go to install the harddrive, you have to use a swap method (not modchip) to run the backup copy.

The harddrive must be activated when you turn on the PS2 for the disc to recognize it during install. I don't know whether or not a "normal" harddrive would "powerup" when the ps2 is cut on or not. If it does, I see no reason why the utility disc wouldn't work with the non-sony harddrive.

Hope this helps...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well if you have it.... why not do a backup and upload it somewhere?... the cd may look 650mb but once compresed it with winrar it will be small...

9. razarg

razarg Member

(If you legally own a FFXI/Hard drive combo, you would be within your legal rights to get the Utility Disc 1.0, as it is the only disc currently compatible with the DMS3. Modding your PS2 is not illegal. So if the software provided (1.10) doesn't work with your chip, you have rights....)

29.3 MB to be exact.

It is very hard to find.

Your best bet to get this disc, if you need it, is to:

1- Check #PS2OWNZ IRC channel (They hosted it originally) (If they don't still host it, they probably know who is...)

2- Find someone with a Beta Hard drive Utility Disc.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  10. razarg

razarg Member

(updated above)

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

how nice... bleh this is crap.... o well like ill need it now... the netcard is broken now... so i dont care about it anymore lol....

12. Kravenoff

Kravenoff Member

Has anyone come across a place to get the beta utility drivers?

13. Shadow305

Shadow305 Member

You could always buy the HDD, then return it if you don't like it. Meaning you get thr Utility Disk for a while. (Enough time to do what you want with it.) I did that, but I ended up keeping it because Final Fantasy XI was phat as hell.