1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony ICF-C1IPMK2BLK

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by KromaZone, Jul 21, 2012.

1. KromaZone

KromaZone Member

Went to power it up the other day but wont come on? is it something to do with the power supply or the unit itself? was working fine previous to this, is there any way of finding out the problem? the warranty has now run out :-(

Have just cracked open the sealed plug and noticed that the fuse has gone on the power adaptor! is can i buy these adaptors and fit one to my docking station?

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Does it smell like anything is burned inside of the adapter.It is possible you had a power surge and it just blew out the fuse.You can try replacing the fuse and see what happens.There isn't much information on Sony's support site. You may have to call their number to see if they sell replacement parts for it.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl

3. KromaZone

KromaZone Member

thanks for replying, the fuse has blown, no burning smells.

4. KromaZone

KromaZone Member

I have just noticed on the back of the docking station that it says AC:230V 50hz 16W Power Back Up For Radio DC:3V is this a replacement power adapter? sorry for being a n00b

5. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Yes that sounds like what you are looking for.I take it from it being a AC:230V 50hz unit you don't live in the USA.I wasn't able to find any photos of what it looks like.Is it part of the unit itself or is a separate unit that plugs into the radio.
    Do any of these look something like what you need.
    http://www.cheaperoz.com/z/result.jsp?ga=au2&q=dc+3v+adapter

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Just try and replace the fuse and see what happens. It could have just been a surge from a lightening storm or something.If there is actually something wrong with the unit th fuse should blow again.

7. KromaZone

KromaZone Member

8. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Yes just make sure you match up the polarity of the adapter.It should work as long as there isn't anything shorted out in the radio.