1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Laptop Bios Password

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by atta84, Mar 7, 2005.

1. atta84

atta84 Member

hello everybody.. hope you are fine... i have sony laptop i used bios password... any idea how to breake it... or to pass the bios password... i know through jumper setting or cmos cell but i cannot find the Jumper or cmos .. any idea or any one having any diagram..... please help!

Thanks,

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Some older laptops you could do this. Remove the battery and unplug from the wall. Now hold power butten for a few seconds. That would cause the BIOS to rest. Today things are different. Now there is a battery on the MB to power the BIOS when off. If you managed to open the laptop then look for a battery (looks like a small watch battery). If you find it remove it. After a few seconds put it back on. The BIOS will now be reset. If you cant find a battery then a capasitor is powering the BIOS. Good luck reseting that one without waiting years for it to drain.

Good luck
    -Del

3. atta84

atta84 Member

Hey Del...Thanks for your suggestion.. i know that.. i opened the laptop but did not found the battery :(.... my Laptop Model Is Sony PCG9316 any idea.. where i can find the Laptop's MOtherBoard design to watch for CMOS Cell

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

That I do not know. I do know that the BIOS is soldered into the MB. So you wont be able to pull it out to reset it. You may have luck if you e-mail SONY but don't count on it. Also search for laptop repair websites. They might also give some better suggestions. Some people may think the laptop was stolen and you are just trying to break in to call it your own. My laptop BIOS is not hard to identify since ot Has AWARD writen on it. Im not sure if Phonenix (yes that may be spelled wrong) is still arround. Mine is a Toshiba.

Good luck
    -Del

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. atta84

atta84 Member

hey pals thanks for your suggestions.. any one knows another website.. having mother board design or having the pictures which can guide me to CMOS Cell.. i contacted with SONY Company for my BIOS Password but they are asking for some charges and also i will be charged shippment charges.. and my laptop warranty void as i opened my Laptop.. so tell me any one any websiote which can show me where CMOS Cell is located in SONY Laptop..
    Thanks,
    Guys and Gals..
    bye