1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY LCD VS. SONT WEGA SXRD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mikej3131, Feb 7, 2006.

1. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

@hawk-eye, definetely radical but if I go with this set, which I really want to do then the speakers have to go. The cabinet I have is huge, heavy and solid oak, not a veneer. I bought it in 92 for 2k. It is 52.5" wide in the TV hole.

I've looked at them closely in the store and I can unscrew the backs to double check the wiring. Should only be speaker wire.

I'll run it for a month or 2 to make sure it's stable before I touch it.

My wife is gonna poop.

Darn Sony, why didn't they put the speakers on bottom like Samsung????

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Good job mikej3131,

The main things you need to be concernd about are the size of the room, viewing distance, (and possibly viewing angle) and room lighting.

The room size will help you figure out what display technology will work best based on how much space the tv can take up (think about depth, think about wieght).

Viewing distance will help you determine what screen size will work best in any room.

Different display technologies work better in certain lighting conditions.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2006
  3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

With all this talk about HDTV and technology I think the truth gets harder and harder to find with each post. What I mean is that going to the store and looking at tvs isn't a way to determine which one is best. For the real home entertainment enthusist a more scientific approch is needed.

Most of the rumors and opinions surrounding different display technologies are started by people that never calibrated a tv. One of my most valubale tools has been the Digital Video Essential (DVE) DVD by JKP. It show you how to properly calibrate any tv. The proffessional box-set with 1080p test matirials is $300.

DVE
    http://www.videoessentials.com/

I believe that with the right tools you can get about the same great picture with any set or technology.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006