1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony mx-7000 camcorder..help needed

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by uncfinger, May 7, 2007.

1. uncfinger

uncfinger Member

Hi all, i have just purchased a sony mx-7000 camcorder...problem is i cant get the computer to recornise it...i have the disc that says the driver is on there but all i can get off of the disc is the software that comes with it...can any onyone tell me where i can get the driver neeeded for it please.. i am using xp..even when i connect it to the comp i am not getting "new software " message ... many thanks ..

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Sorry, don't recognize that model. Sony website also doesn't have that model. Most Sony camcorders I know start with either HDR or DCR.

What are the specs? Have you tried hooking up the iLink (IEEE) connection?

3. uncfinger

uncfinger Member

hi, i have had the same problem looking for the model on the sony site.after a bit of perciverence i have managed to get the images to play but only through windows media player and not the software suite that comes with the camcorder...i have looked all over the box and the only model number i can find is the the one that i have stated mx-7000...if you type it in google on theimages u get a picture of the said camcorder....thanks

4. 5rabbits

5rabbits Member

5. uncfinger

uncfinger Member

hi i have checked what the article said and have found no numbers that they said was next to the model no...on closer inspection i have found the lettters DCR-PC 350 are these the letters and nos of the model type.. thanks

6. whassup

whassup Regular member

Well, I can't really help you. As far as I know, Sony camcorders should be instantly recognizable by Win XP as soon as you plug it in.

How are you even getting it to run on WMP? I thought your computer doesn't even recognize your camcorder?