1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony or Fuji

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Raiderboi, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Raiderboi

Raiderboi Member

I am going to the store tomorrow to pick up some media but im not sure to get sony or fuji.
    Best Buy has a deal for 100 dvd+r's for 40$
    while Staples has 50 dvd+r's for 20$
    Which deal do you guys recommend

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I say go with the Sony's!!

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I just went to my local staple's this morning. Those sony's are just like their last month's sale.Yuden000-T02. They have some of the ty spindles mixed in with the tainese sony's coded SonyD11 so you might have to sort them out. Both identical packages of sony +1x-8x. Just look and make sure you get the ones that say MADE IN JAPAN on the label.

The dash 1x-8x looks like the same also. All mixed up between japan and taiwan. The spindle i picked up today are coded Sony08D1- made in japan.

I haven't tried the fuji's. They should be the same. Get the ones manufactured in Japan.

4. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

......I am a big believer in never buying more than a 50pack. Just so if its not a good batch then your not stuck with as many. Just my 2 cents.....

5. Raiderboi

Raiderboi Member

is the code Sony08d1 good as ty's

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've heard a lot of good things about the sony08D1's. This is the first spindle I have gotten with that code.I will find out tomorrow when I burn a few of them. I still rather stick to the plus format.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

saugmon

You're gonna love them, "SONY08D1". Never a coaster. Even burned two at 16X and they were flawless. :) Where did you get them and for how much if I may ask? Staples also? I need to get somemore of them but I didn't find them on sale.

EDIT! Did a search on Staples and saw they are 19.94 for a 50 cake box so tomorrow I'm going to Staples. Now a happy camper again!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey scubabud, Staples have them for $20 a spindle of 50. Their main website just listed the +1-8x on sale,but my local store had both formats of them. I got the last spindle of those +1x-8x ty's and also picked 1 spindle of those 08d1 that were made in japan just to mess around with.

I had no coasters with all the japanese and taiwanese +1x-8x's and burned a few at 16x,purely accidental,but turned out pretty good. With all this newer 8x media out,I can't leave my burn settings set at max.

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Ya beat me to the trigger again! :) I just saw them and I am Very Happy!!!!!