1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony or Sandisk???

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by anakafsel, Mar 15, 2007.

1. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

ive done couple of research about 4g MSproDuo, that if u running iso sum games will lag on a normal MS. as if the high speed MS it will run fine...IS that so?
    im planning to buy a 4g card, but still not sure which of the two i should get...SONY MSProDUO 4G High Speed or SANDISK 4G?????

anyone with the exp/knowledge of this please say sumtin....
    thx

2. PSP1231

PSP1231 Member

The high speed doesn't mean anything. Some games are lag because they are fast games so you need to set your CPU speed to 333MHz then it won't lag again. I already tried it. I always play Need for Speed Carbon Own the City and it lags when the car is too FAST . . . ! So I go and check my CPU speed and it was 222MHz so I changed it to 333MHz. And I tried playing it again and it doesn't lag anymore :). So I can't play really fast games with no problems. I am on 3.03OE-C. I don't know what firmware you are on but tried finding where the CPU Speed Configuration is then you'll be fine play games. My memory stick pro duo is SanDisk 4GB and it costs the same price as SanDisk 2GB pro duo. I think SanDisk is better than SONY at pricing because it is a bit cheaper about like 15 dollars and doesn't make any different with SONY cards.

3. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

i'm running 3.03OE-B,u change the CPU speed in the recovery console right?
    i did that a couple of times but i didn't know that it resolves the lagging problem.
    so apart from the cheaper price of sanddisk compare to sony, is there no other particular pro/cons?

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

my sandisk 1GB and 2GB work fine, only lags on GTA:LCS/VCS when compressed to cso.

my Sandisk 4GB will be arriving today, $89 from bestbuy.com (none in stores within 100miles of me.)

edit> think though, your paying for the Sony name, that's it.

just avoid the ebay.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  5. PSP1231

PSP1231 Member

So may be the problem is the type of the file (ISO, CSO). or may be the file doesn't work properly. Oh, wait. Go to 3.03OE-C because it is faster than 3.03OE-B about 3 seconds faster. May be that solve your problem because the newer games are fast so SONY and Dark Alex are make newer firmwares.

When you buy Memory Stick buy SanDisk 4GB and it is worth.

2GB $79.99
    2GB $79.99
    = $159.98 + TAX

4GB $79.99 at Futureshop :)

SONY 4GB $115.99 at Futureshop and yeah don't look at eBay.

the name of "SONY" costs $36 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cards are SAME . . . . .