1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Power Calibration area error 037303

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bob6096, May 28, 2007.

1. bob6096

bob6096 Member

I have an internalDVD/Cd rewritable drive unit model DRU 510A. It was made in nov 2003. It is a 4 x max burner. I has worked fine for years until this week when I recorded DVD from files on my hardrive. It does not seem to get past the checks. I use Nero 6.6xxx and used the tool information. The sony seems to like DVD + R only to write to. I have used many different type of blank DVD without difficultly.

So I replaced the DVD with a new HP DVD 940I and it wrote to the same blank DVD that gave me an error message.

The Sony looks dirty and I wonder if that was or is the problem. It would be nice to fix the old DVD as a backup on an old machine or Linux machine. Any ideas?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It may just be worn out. You can always try cleaning it with a dvd lens cleaner or blowing some canned air in there.

The other problem is since it's older there's really no support for it to handle newer media. The last firmware update was in 2004. If the firmware is not up to date - update it. The latest is 1.1a.

It may still be good to read discs but finding media that will work with it may be tough.