1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PS2 Drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jlhfit, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Ok, my brain is hurting with all the info I have been reading. I know it maybe somewhere is this forum but I cant find the info on it. Correct me if I am wrong. To back up a orignal PS2 game to a PS2 drive, all I do is copy it to the drive and it will play w/o the disc? Please help or direct me to the thread. Thank yall!

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You need either HD Loader or HD Advance to play games backed up to your HDD.

3. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

also you need to use WinHIIP or a similar program to format the hard drive and then copy the games to the drive (assuming you are copying from PC to PS2 drive)

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Oh ok, thats what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. Oh one more thing, I'm guessing that the HD Loader Disc has to be original pressed copy right?

5. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

YES it does

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

lol, man I've spent so much money on my PS2 its not even funny. I buy one thing and then I find out I need something else. I guess its worth it when it comes to saving on games.

7. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

you should have spent all your money on the games, games aren't free for a reason

8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

With the HD Loader, do I need swap magic to play my back-up off my hard drive.May be a dumb question but I bought the flip top cover and installed it, all I got was scratching noise, so I put my old cover back on.

9. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

if you have an original pressed copy of hd loader there is no need for a flip top and swap magic...but if you are trying to boot a burned copy you need swap magic and a cd loader.

ps. this questions been asked about 50 times on these forums...use the search function

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Thanks, thats what I thought. I should have searched but I didnt have enough time at the moment.