1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PSP downgrading 3.11

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sgtkrazy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. sgtkrazy

sgtkrazy Member

All I am concerned about is playing ripped UMD PSP games via memory stick on my PSP. I have version 3.11 and want to know if that is possible? I dont care about homebrew and all that stuff. Will I need to downgrade 3.11 once team c+d or dark alex comes out with one? Im confused with all this stuff. Somebody please tell me how I can play a psp .iso game on my psp with firmware v3.11? If not possible, then tell me what I need to wait for, Thanx

2. OXYDE

OXYDE Guest

Just wait for a downgrader to come

3. sgtkrazy

sgtkrazy Member

So I do need a downgrader in order to play an iso game on my memory stick on PSP firmware 3.11?

4. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

5. sgtkrazy

sgtkrazy Member

6. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

*sigh* this was just posted like 3 minutes ago, and this is not a downgrader, you will need to wait for the 3.30-FW downgrader (which will not be for a while) and it will be able to go down to 1.50 for you. IF and IF it does come out, then you will need to upgrade to 3.30, you might as well do it now seeing as how it wont happen for a while. so sit back, drink some lemonade and twittle your thumbs till the downgrader comes out, you wont be able to do anything else. and that is a decryptor not a downgrader, more like a blueprint of a downgrader. hope this helps, ian

7. jirachi99

jirachi99 Guest

Here are some ways (im so new at this i only realized this was possible 10 minutes ago!) how to trick your psp into thinking you have really new firmware but have old firware, step one go to http://www.google.com type in "download PBP unpacker" then find a link, download it then come back to this, Okay install it, run it then download the psp firmware (whatever one you want) here is the most common (firmware 1.50 is http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163 )

download it then open it with PBP unpacker then double click on param.sfo. now double click on all of the ...things that say 1.50 (or what ever firmware you are hacking) now rename them all to the exact next firmware to what you have (so you can update if you don't like it) and click save. now open another PBP unpacker re-open that fimware then click extract then extract them some where then after that is done click close open up the one we were working on then click open to most of them copy the ones that you have extracted to this file except for the param.sfo file then click save, save it somewhere now open the psp icon click game then make a folder called UPDATE and copy the EBOOT.PBP file we just made to the UPDATE folder and run it, if done correctly it should say you have o say 3.40 when you actually have (whatever you chose)!

I am not responsible for and glitches or malfunctions by doing what i have typed above you are agreeing not to sue

2007 D.O.M. TEAM all rights reserved

8. iKratos

iKratos Member

Everything wnet right, psp boot screen, went dark, then a popup said "Game could not be started. (80020148)" i checked that its a problem of how the brew was installed, but i cant get it to work! Can somebody help pleez!!?? :)