1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-GX300 won't add channels

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by lbrown66, Apr 15, 2007.

1. lbrown66

lbrown66 Member

I have a digital cable box, hooked up exactly as per Sony's instructions:
    1.CABLE IN to my cable box, CABLE OUT to my tv
    2.A/V OUT on my cable box to A/V IN on my dvd recorder
    3.COMPONENT VIDEO OUT on my dvd recorder to COMPONENT VIDEO IN on my tv
    4.A/V OUT on my dvd recorder to A/V IN on my tv.

after hooking up I ran easy setup and set it to auto channel search. The dvd recorder will only show the channel the cable box is outputing, I can't change channels unless I change it thru my cable box. So I can't watch one channel while my recorder records another.

I tried Sony's online chat help, basically told me to reset the recorder and try again. Still nothing.

The only way I can add channels to my dvd recorder is by having the cable in go into my dvd recorder, out to my box, and then out to the tv. Then it finds channels up to 125.

I had messed around with recording and liked that when hooked up to the way Sony tells you to it automatically inserts the tv show names, hooked up the other way I have to name everything.

Am I missing something. I'm wondering if I have a lemon anyways, for some reason channels 48-55 when you first tune it thru the DVD recorder they are messed up, picture runs, after about 30-45 seconds it's fine.

2. Coyote24

Coyote24 Member

Um, doesn't this unit come with an IR Blaster? That's what you need to control your cable box. Perhaps you missed it in the box. Did you ever resolve your problem?