1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vegas - awesome, but got some problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by juliusm, Apr 24, 2007.

1. juliusm

juliusm Member

hi, i am pretty new to video editing... been using windows movie maker for the longest time... yes, i'm a noob. lol.

anyway, just started using sony vegas and this thing is pretty awesome. currently, im trying to edit a video using a "green screen" footage i got from http://www.kickinitmovie.com/challenge/. im trying to use chroma effects to change the background but the footage has a black background. needless to say, the output i've produced is not that too good. am i missing something here or was i doomed to failure to begin with? lol... can anybody help?

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Vegas is a noob program (no offense ;) ) and isn't made to do a lot of professional things. For stuff that you're talking about, you probably need some more powerful programs. Adobe Premiere/Aftereffects sounds about right.

3. juliusm

juliusm Member

yeah, i'm pretty much a noob... lol. but i love how you can easily edit videos using vegas (i use it to basically edit family vids and stuff, maybe a wedding vid every now and then, nothing fancy). basically, i'm just trying to find a way change the black background to green (or blue). i read somewhere that a workaround can also be done using motion capture or something like that... never really understood what they were talkin about.