1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman MP3 Player HELP!!!!!!! (In desperate need)

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by MNA, Dec 15, 2006.

1. MNA

MNA Regular member

Hi people,
    Ok I was offered a Sony MP3 Walkman 1gb for a cheap price so I bought it.Storing MP3's is so simple as I have done it with my previous MP3's.ALl you do is stick the USB into the MP3
    and drag and drop the songs.So I thought it would be so simple with this MP3 aswell.

I'm trying to put songs onto the Sony Walkman but I can't,yes it sounds stupid.When I plug in my USB into the Sony Walkman and drag and drop the songs everything goes fine.UNTIL when I go onto the MP3 to peacefully listen to some music it says NO DATA.This is very annoying as I have just bought this MP3.THe MP3 can play ATRAC MP3 and WMA and some I think not sure.

I've checked google,different forums etc. and I have seen people saying aboout ATRAC but I don't know anything about it.I think that maybe the problem but there shouldn't be any problem as it plays MP3's aswell.

Someone please help me,I'm desperate to get this working as I can't refund it or anything.I'd be so greatful if someone helped me.

Thanks In Advance
    MNA

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.
    edit your sig to conform to forum specs of 50k.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

4. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

i have one of those sony "bean" walkmans, you can drag anddrop files like a flash drive but to actually listen to mp3 they need to be in atrac3 container which i believe you need to use sony sonic stage software to do...do a google and im sure you can find a download somewhere.

edit: i made an image of my sonic stage disc, if you cant find it somewhere lemme know and i will up it to megaupload.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  5. spray

spray Member

you must use the connect software or sonicstage software to transfer music as the player only reconise's code not track names.