1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman NWZ-A816 MP4 Guide needed

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by dav6, Dec 28, 2007.

1. dav6

dav6 Member

I have been looking through the guide section but not sure what guide to use .
    I want to convert some vidio files that I have and put them on the player.
    The book states that they should be in MP4 file format "memory stick" vidio format
    AVC file extension .mp4, .m4v
    H.264/AVC
    MPEG4
    audio AAC-LC

I have tried Any vidio convertor and made the file but it does not work on the player.
    Is the book asking for the same format as PSP?

2. jandara85

jandara85 Member

I just got the same player (Sony NWZ-A816) and had the same question. I found out that it takes MP4 at a 320X240 30fps. A good converter for this format is WM converter (download from download.com). Then open the Walkman folder from explorer, open the video folder and drag the converted videos into the folder. They work perfectly. That's all!

3. patrobson

patrobson Member

I also had this problem with my Sony player(same model), there seem so many variations of .mp4 files! I downloaded (purchased)- imTOOmp4 converter - from the After Dawn site and after using many different mp4 formats that failed even though they were 320x240 at 30fps, I finally used the format named - iPod(320x240)MPEG4.mp4 - that works perfectly.

4. dav6

dav6 Member

WinAVI converter has done the job for both Sony and Ipod