1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony WEGA™ SXRD™ Rear Projection HDTV 50" 55" and 60" discussion

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by aabbccdd, Jun 26, 2006.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

guys this is the future of highend TVs looked at them today the price runs about 2700.00 dollars retail ,has anyone else seen these

there not LCDs DLPs or Plasma it called LCOS

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...KU=KDSR50XBR1&DCMP=Google_TV&HQS=50_SXRD_sony

Product Features

1080p display provides the highest quality progressive-scan picture possible from a high-definition source

DRC (Digital Reality Creation) circuit upgrades standard 480i signals with a digital mapping process, providing a near-high-definition-quality picture from standard video signals

SXRD technology uses 3 reflective silicon panels to create full color images and reduce response time of image changes and movement

WEGA Engine system minimizes signal deterioration and stabilizes the signal process delivering a high-quality picture; an advanced iris shutter automatically opens and closes to create vivid whites and superb contrast in dark scenes

3D digital comb filter delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement

HDMI input provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest-quality connection and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content

16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience; widescreen mode allows you to watch 4:3 broadcasts in widescreen; CineMotion utilizes 3-2 reverse pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources

i.LINK (IEEE 1394) input provides a direct digital-to-digital video hookup with compatible devices

Inputs: 3 composite video (1 front and 2 rear), 2 component video (rear), 3 S-video (1 front and 2 rear), 1 PC (rear), 1 HDMI (rear), 5 audio (1 front and 4 rear), 2 RF (rear), 3 i.LINK (rear), CableCARD slot

Outputs: 1 analog audio (rear), 1 optical digital and audio (rear)

SRS TruSurround, Dolby digital audio and S-Master digital amplifier deliver a virtual surround sound experience; SteadySound automatic volume control

V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material

Other convenient features include info banner, sleep timer, auto SAP, Twin-View and favorite channel settings

Universal remote included

2. munx

munx Regular member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  3. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

I have the 60 inch XBR1 model.

The new SXRD's coming out soon will be able to accept 1080P signals thru HDMI. The S2000 (or A2000) series will have 2 HDMI inputs while the XBR2 series will have 3 HDMI inputs. I have to do more research to see if these specs are accurate and if the HDMI's are version 1.3 compliant. It will be interesting to read those 70+ pages of posts on the AVS Forums.

4. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

dblbogey7 - you're right about the number of HDMI inputs. According to sonystyle (munx's link) the A2000 series will have 2 HDMI inputs in the rear while the XBR2 sries will have 3 (1 in front and 2 rear). I was plannning on getting the 60 inch A2000 model but I'll have to make sure that there is a way to upgrade to HDMI 1.3 if this isn't compliant yet.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah i may wait a little while the newer models will have the speakers on the botton instead of the sides which is a plus for me because of a room issue

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

wonder if the price point will stay the same or go up its 2999.00 now at my local highend audio store they said they could sell it to me for 2699.00 but thats the 2005 model

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the new model should be out in the next couple weeks ,looks like the price point is going to be around 2600.00 to 2700.00 dollars for the 50"

9. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be getting the 60 inch model and will probably give in and get the Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player (thanks to Ced and doublebogey7).

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah cool the new models are going to be HD/Blue-Ray ready ,last years model werent . iam going with the 50"

11. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Just pre-ordered the 60" A2000 SXRD from my local A/V dealer. He gives a July 25 date for delivery. Now the hard part is finding an HD-A1 to go with it.

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

If you mean they didn't except 1080p you right. Viewing the lack of that feature as an inferior design isn't correct. The Toshiba player doesn't pass a true 1080p signal, nor does the Samsung Blu-ray player. As far as the first gen players of both formats they both work best when outputing a 1080i signal to a tv with excellent de-interlacing capabilities like the 2005 SXRD.

For all of those who will be using the 2006 SXRDs with the Samsung player please do yourself a favor and [bold]set it to output a 1080i signal[/bold] to your 1080p set. Trust me, the picture will be alot better.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  13. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

Good suggestion Ced. The SXRD's do a damn good job of deinterlacing to 1080p. Avoid the Sammy's deinterlacer at all costs.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

just got an e-mail from Sony saying,,,,, to let you know when the new Sony Grand WEGA SXRD
    HDTVs would be available to order, and we're happy to say that
    the time is now

15. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Awsome, I can't wait for your reviews.

Ced

16. jeray

jeray Regular member

when the 2006 models come out,how much will the price of the other ones drop?hopefully down to @2500. by the end of the year.

17. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Just got my SXRD today and here's my one liner:

SONY KDS-60A2000 SXRD + Toshiba HD-A1 + "Training Day" HD-DVD = OMFG!!!!!!

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i should be getting mine within the next couple weeks ,the 50"

19. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Sweet!

Ced

20. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

@eatsushi:
    Congrats on the SXRD and Tosh HD-DVD. Glad you like the combination like I do.