1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony xxx state of the union

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by Damherst, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Damherst

Damherst Guest

I'm using DVD shrink & burn it with DVD Decrypter but I can't back up XXX state of the union. This happens with all Sony movies. What do I use to burn this and all Sony movies?
    Thank you

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Damherst ( have you tried doing it by using DVD Decrypter first then DVD shrink and then burning it with DVD Decrypter or whichever burning program you prefer ! I've burned StaTe of The Union XXX # 2 yesterday and that's how I did it ! have'nt watched it yet on the 32" Screen but don't anticipate any problems! And yes A lot of SONY movies are A Biyatch to crack but doing them with Decrypter 1st . then shrink usuallly works for me ! Damherst ( Hope this helps out if even only in a small fashion ! PEACE & HAPPY BURNING!

3. Dissone

Dissone Member

Damherst,
    DVD Decrypter may get it for you but I reccommend Anydvd, it is well worth the money and free life time upgrades. It truely is a must have for anyone who's serious about doing backups. Sony has the toughest protections to date and anydvd makes short work of them. DVD decrypter will never be updated again so it may not work on upcoming new releases in fact it gave me trouble with Hitch and Are we there yet (very new releases) anyway it's just a thought.

Later,

4. djbandit

djbandit Member

Holy canoly, this is news to me that DVDD will no longer be updated. What a sad day it is for me. I continue to live knowing that even when the good are defeated in a fight there are still others in the fight and others will rise from these ashes to continue fighting with us. We will not be defeated in this war.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Also there is still a free proggy out there that will rip your DVD's for free and it is updated just as quick if not quicker than AnyDVD and that would be DVDFab Decrypter www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ DVDFab-Decrypter-Download-23187.html

Peace :)

6. nidhogg

nidhogg Guest

I have a program called dvd fab decrypter. I used it to backup my XXX state of the union and Man of the house. Both are new sony movies. It works a little slower than dvd decrypter and it does not have all the option dvd decrypter has, but it is also free and supposedly it will be upgraded. I think it is made by a company called dvd idle. Hope this helps

7. Dissone

Dissone Member

Hey guys,
    If you must have something for free then I suppose that DVD Fab Decrypter will do but you get what you pay for. AnyDVD is a must have if you're serious about backing up your disks. With it running in the backround you don't have to rip to the harddrive first you can open the movie with DVD Shrink, Nero Recode 2 or any other compression program that you want. This step does save time and harddrive space. The only reason to "decrypt the movie is to by pass Copy Protections. Anydvd does this "on the fly" it truely is the very best solution available to date. Don't allow yourself to get hung up on using only free solutions, it's your choice of course but in my opinion it simply isn't worth the time and hassle to use the free stuff.

Later

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

djbandit Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal," The suppoed quote from the Late Tupac Shakur - used multiple times in XXX # 2 State OF The Union . Somewhat fitting don't you think although the actual quote was "Money come and go, hoes come and go, foes come and go/ Friends come and go … my soldiers, stay eternal/ Outlaw Immortalz, dedicated..." which I think is actually more fitting in lieu of your post ! I'll continue down the path of DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink until they cease to work for me @ that time I will find somthing else !And do not despair their will always be something else DVD's are too big of a market for the studios to stop making and the newest dvd movies should be playable on the oldest dvd players & tv's so they can't futz with the signal too much! or it could cause problems . Remember those COPYPROTECTED CD's that came out a while back and they could cause your Computer CD drive to lock up well you don't hear about that anymore do you . With Regards ! Peace and Happy BURNING

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

XXX State of the Union Widescreen edition - DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink - & burned with Roxio Creator Classic & DVD Builder @ 4 X on Fuji/Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R watched the movie plays fine on "32 Sony ! I have a question how many different versions of this movie are there? besides the WS version because everyone seems to be having problems backing it up ( Thank You Sony) but doing it as did it backed up fine !So perhaps the different versions have differing types of copy protection ? you think ! anyways Good Luck -peace & happy burning to all - Ciao!

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry but I need to break this whole statement down a little at a time because it is a little misleading in my opinion. :)

Well DVD Shrink And DVD Decrypter are free and worked perfectly for years. DVDFab Decrypter works and that's all that needs to be said about that

Well I have it and paid for it about 4 months ago. Have I had to use it? NO so far DVDD & Shrink have done everything. So if you don't have the money for it then there really truthfully isn't a need for it.

True on the first part you don't have to rip to the hard drive first. Save's time and Hard drive space? I don't think so it is actually slower because DVDD rips so much faster than either Shrink or Recode and if you notice both of those programs do put the files on the Hard drive so essentially you are ripping to the hard drive anyway. You may not see this being done, but trust me it is going onto your hard drive in a temp folder.

The best?? In my opinion probably not. It does work well for most people and is easy, but the best?? That remains to be seeing it is still a little buggy at times.

You right it is totally your opinion and you like everyone else are intitled to your opinion, but my opininon is that you were just a little off on that statemant.

Now don't get me wrong people I like AnyDVD and agree it is a good program. I just don't believe it is the end all encryption breaking program :) Just for the heck of it test it out for yourself. Rip the movie to the hard drive first and then use Shrink to back it up. Then use AnyDVD with Shrink and you will see which one is faster for yourself don't take my word for it.. :)

cheers

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  11. Damherst

Damherst Guest

Guys, Guys, everyone is intitled to there own opinion. I've spent lots of money on software to copy DVD's and have been at sone point disappointed & stressed that I threw my money away cause something sooner or later went wrong. Thats why its very refreshing when you find software eg: DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter free of charge & works beautifully!!!! Thank you so much for helping me solve my problem!!!!!
    Damherst P.S. it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Dissone

Dissone Member

Damherst,
    I'm glad that you were able to work through your problem with XXX state of the union; I apologize to you in advance for the following response to this other guy.

I'm a pretty easy going person but I've had about enough of a couple of you "Senior Members" and "Afterdawn Addicts" thinking that you're the only ones who know something. Frankly I'm surprised that anyone posts with the way you treat new comers. What I posted was simply an opinion and as such can't be wrong, and it is crazy for you to spend as much time as you did trying to make me look like an ASS. I was simply trying to help out with some alternatives as I've gotten some good advice on these forums myself. [bold] If you disagree that's fine but to go step by step and systematically call everything that I'd posted wrong is pretty pretentious of you. It was mostly opinion and therefore unnecessary to debate. [/bold]

Am I missing something or was the original post saying that DVDD and Shrink were not working for this guy??? I understand that ultimately he got it to work but one would assume that you would provide alternative answers rather then regurgitating the process that he was already using. (It's like defining a word by using that word in a sentence isn't it?)

Secondly DVDD has in fact had trouble with a few of the newer movies which is easily verified by searching the different forums. Hitch and Are We There Yet are two that I had some problems with. Now I realize that there are some advanced users who were able to work through these movies but a {bold] Newbie [/bold] asked this question and so I responded with an alternative that is EASY when compared to other multi step processes.

"You get what you pay for" as you know DVDD is no longer updated; an experienced user I can see maintaining this program as it does provide worth while functionalities; but why would you turn a newbie on to something that may not work in a few months?? (Just to confuse him!) Maybe I'm wrong on that one but again this is simply an opinion.

AnyDVD has been around since 2003 07 03 and I bet as there is no current legislation on the Island of Antigua regarding Copy Rights and Encryptions that we will have them around for awhile unlike DVDD were the developer was clearly breaking local Laws.

True that there are files placed in the temp folder but again in my opinion this is preferable to permanent files as I am slow to "clean up" and usually have a DVD or two sitting around on my HD taking up space for nothing which I suspect we have all done. (Again I realize that this is not important it was simply my preference)

As far as the process being faster with DVDD I suggest that you take your own advice and try an experiment because apparently you haven't done it. I just used Swat it took 16 minutes to rip with DVDD then 24 minutes to do the Deep Analysis with Shrink and very nearly 2 hours to encode the movie and then another couple of minutes to burn the ISO file.

I then proceeded to do the same thing replacing DVDD with ANYDVD and the times were virtually identical if not marginally faster. Now I'll grant you that we may be mis-communicating on the exact process that we're each using but I don't see that it could have been done very differently from what I've just finished.

Read the forums I don't think that it gets all of the recommendations that it does because it's buggy or inconvenient.

If you recognize that this was an opinion and that each of us prefers things a certain way and that it may be a little different from the next guy why would you go to such great lengths to rip my opinion to shreds? Seems a bit ridiculous; nothing better to do I guess?

Took your advise and still think you're mistaken DVDD is an unnecessary step when you can go directly to Shrink or Recode 2. The speed of reading from files versus the DVD was almost identical so I don't understand how you can claim that running with DVDD is faster as I just tried it.

Don't bother responding as I will not follow up on this thread, in fact I'm not certain that I'll use afterdawn at all there are so many smart asses on these forums that it's virtually impossible to have a civil discussion.

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Damhers-My friend I agree with you about the refreshing happiness of finding two programs that do what they say they can do ! And the fact that they are both free makes it all the better . I have tried commercial programs that would'nt work out of the box -returned them with a lot of trouble to walmart who said no refunds because I opened package DUH! you can't install the program without removing the disk from the box ! They said they would swap it out for the same program but why bother - Eventually they got another version of the same program but $20.00 cheaper so I got a refund this program did'nt work either but I did get part of my money back so that's cool! DVD DECRYPTER & DVD SHRINK work nearly everytime sometimes with an occasional tweak or two along the way . I also agree with you about everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions . We all have Bellybuttons and Buttholes too! but do we have to show that we can be one (Butthole ) I mean . I like afterdawn .com I find it a friendly place full of kind intelligent people . These afterdawnwers are always willing to help you out and teach you the ropes of the DVD Game . They've been there and done that ! Trust them ! I've learned so much since I found afterdawn.com that it is almost uncomprehendable ! But I have learned that the most important thing is to keep an open mind to learn even more ! I also try to approach my dealings with my fellow afterdawn members with friendship and humility I am not any better than anyone else and if I wanted to fight I'd go to a fight room ! And friends many I've made here ! Yes you can have your opinion and you can diagree with anyone if you wish ! But please let's keep the smack & trash talk away from her okay ! It does'nt solve anything and is merely a waste of bandwith same with the hating ! I hope everyone will notice that I am not directing this post at any one or any group of persons my intent is not to stir the hatred pot further exactly the opposite really . And if something I said applies to you whoever you are so be it ! You are alloewd to think or say whatever you like about me my post or my ideas orpinions! But keep it civil and keep the junk talk in the chattroom fighting rooms where they belong ! Damhers My friend you are on the right path keep on it ! To all my other AFTERDAWN.COM friends old new & those I have'nt met yet Thanx both for you assistance in the past & any future help you may give to myself and others ! Sorry to stay on the soapbox for so long ! but I felt it needed saying Again thanx to all & PEACE & HAPPY BURNING!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  14. Damherst

Damherst Guest

BIGTOXY69, I read your posting. You are absolutely right!!!! No one should force there opinion on everybody else. Thats what afterdawn is all about an informative forum. Thank you for your kind letter
    Damherst

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dissone,
    I think you misunderstood my post. I wasen't attempting to smear your name or anything of the such and anyone that knows me on here will tell you I am not that kind of guy. If maybe you would have been as indepth about your original post then it would have made more since, but more and more I see people on here pushing one way to back up DVD's with statements like "I did that movie with AnyDVD and DVD Shrink" how does that help the original poster and there problem? There are hundred's of ways to back up a DVD and I was only letting Darnherst know that there is still a free program out there that works and is updated frequently. When I read you post it seemed as if you were saying AnyDVD was the end all to backing up DVD's. Why did you get so hostile when all I did was submit my opinion. Just maybe you need to read around the forum a little more and you will see all kind's of people do indeed have problems with AnyDVD. There probably isn't a person here that reads more than I do :) I to have suggested for people to try AnyDVD, but your original post just looked like you were saying to use AnyDVD and all your problems will be solved. If you have a problem with someone else posting an opinion that disagrees with your's well then maybe you shouldn't be posting. It isn't anything personal so please don't take it that way and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings or pride in anyway this was not my intentions.

Later

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Damherst- Okay Now let's get ready to RUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLE!!!!!!!! Just kidding my friend !!!!! Keep up the good work ! I'm really annoying with the exclamation point thing are'nt I ? Anyhow friends Peace & happy Burning ~ bye

17. eXcelon

eXcelon Member

Absolutly ZERO problems with XXX:State of the Union or Hitch using DVD Decrypter to rip and Shrink to compress and Nero to burn, have never used DVD decrypter to burn but I would have no worries about the outcome

18. JRHacker

JRHacker Member

yo this relates to Anydvd there is no reson to use it because slower renc to new formate but most important is dvd decrypter rips and its done Anydvd is runing the disc for your 5+ hour xvid encode, can any one say way to much ware on your rom drive, I can I mean dont give a rip about a dvd rom drive but i like my dvd+-r combo drive very much sorry if i sound like a jerk (I am) but excesive ware on your hardware makes me sad. i spent plenty of cash on my rig with prereleased dvd burner and to spend more on a progie that ruins my Hware burns my bottom

P.S.
    Dissone i think it was the "you get what you pay for" coment that pissed every one off. in my six+ years of video encoding back with divx;) and lower codecs I've found with the exception of adobe and other thousand dollar cinnamatogaphy progies homebrew, freeware, and open-source is the best there is to offer for one simple reason. since the beging of time when God created the Earth and Made Adam for love sake. man has been showing those caractoristics givin by god PASSION being the one im speaking of and out of PASSION the greatest works come, works not motivated by monetery gain but by the heart by PASSION for doing that partictular thing for no other reason than love of doing it.HOMEBREW is PASSION BURN ON!!

OH by the way i dont know bout th DVDshrink every one else is using but the copy i got from afterdawn already decrypts on the fly *Wink;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005