1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony08D1 vs. Khypermedia (CMC MAG)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ripper82, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ripper82

ripper82 Member

First of all, I've burned a Sony DVD-R and a Khypermedia DVD-R both at 4x on my Plextor 716A, and using the error checkers in PlexTools has produced these interesting results:

Sony:
    Average PIE: 4.32
    Max PIE: 62
    TA Quality: Bad

Khypermedia:
    Average PIE: 0.71
    Max PIE: 22
    TA Quality: Good

Now what is up with that? I bought 6 50-paks of Sony discs because I figured they would be good, but these cheap "Value Discs" are producing better test results?

Should I take all of these Sony discs back and buy Khypermedia instead? I've seen that everyone seems to hate this CMC Magnetics manufacturer, so I don't know what I should do.

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I had good success with Khypermedia, but ran into a batch that had critical burn errors....I think 6 in a row with bad burns. After that I quit using them. They used to be cheaper than most name brands, but now sales of better brands are actually as cheaper or cheaper than these.

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I had good success with Khypermedia, but ran into a batch that had critical burn errors....I think 6 in a row with bad burns. After that I quit using them. They used to be cheaper than most name brands, but now sales of better brands are actually as cheaper or cheaper than these.

I suggest you buy some Maxell 15 pks., which are on sale at Office Depot for 4.99.