1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonyDru500A

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crossing, Jan 16, 2003.

1. crossing

crossing Member

Hello everyone,
    I invested in s SonyDru500A Burner. I have been trying for 3 weeks to learn how to burn a movie that I have downloaded from Kazaalite onto a DVD that I can then play on my PC and my stand alone DVD player for my TV.
    Trust me when I tell you that I have read so much on this subject, that I am going crazy!
    I have been seeing alot lately about DVDXCopy, will that help me do what I want, or is that for just copying DVD movies you already have on Disc?
    Hope someone understands what I am trying to say.

Marilyn

2. truffolo

truffolo Member

Marilyn,
    You only use DVDXCOPY for disk (encrypted ones)to disk. For what you have, you need to see what type of file you downloaded (probably a MPEG-2 file with a .mpg file extension. Then by using a good burning program or authoring program, you can convert this to a .vob file in the right format for a DVD and burn it. You'll have to read some product descriptions to see if they do authoring (MyDVD and others do, though I thought Nero burn and other burners also accept .mpg files as input too).