1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony's 3.80 firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by soap7, Jan 19, 2008.

1. soap7

soap7 Member

hi today i bought a secondhand psp (1003) which has sony's 3.80 firmware i can't seem to access the recovery screen holding the r1 button whilst starting up to be able to down grade firmware . ihave around 10 discs of cso files and cant get any of them to work,ive been reading posts about pandora's battery and stuff which all a little bit to complicated for me cutting legs off micro chips with inside the battery and stuff.......i have 1 battery and 1 psp is there any thing i can download to enable me to change to a custom type firmware easly "you no somthing for nummptys like me who just want to play games ) please can ne1 advise me i live in norwich and would even travel to someones house if the could sort this for me for a few beers or suffin please please help i have a psp with a umd demo disk and cant do nothing at all withit excuse my french!
    kindest reguards Soap

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need a Pandora Battery + magic memory Stick.

Use this guide HERE. If you don't want to Hardmod the Battery then buy a Datel Tool battery. Do a search on goggle for places that sell them.

Or find a friend or family member with a custom firmware PSP and ask them to help create the Magic memory Stick + Pandora Battery using this guide HERE.

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

there is no recovery menu on official firmware.

also, watch the language. mods will go crazy when they see that. edit your post.

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

wow someone rush me in XD great larrylj replied, so you got the answer there, you need pandora, OFW doesnt work and you need to work with pandora and dont use french, thanks.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@soap7
    That type of 'French' is allowed here so post edited.

6. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member