1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonys at it again , new protection

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rannh651, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

All I can find is there "fill out a form" under contact...No Email adresses that I can find...

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah fill that form out then click send

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

How can I send them zipped IFO files...Need an Email like:

support@slfsoft.com...

They do not show E mails any more...Someone on the site gave me contact info for Fengtao during the whole "Lords of Dogtown" episode...

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lp531
    If Slysoft needs what you have, once you've contacted them I think they'd send you an addy to send it to. Often they've got the material and already hard at work. On occasion they have problems getting a particular set of files. So, use the contact form and see what happens. To give you an idea, how would you like to receive a few thousand uploads of video files? That's probably why they don't post the support address to send things to.

5. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

From the RipIt4Me site:

7 January: Happy New Year everybody. We are testing improvements for Shottas and Saw 3 and some other things. Thanks to the people who posted about the "area limitations" bug - we have squished that one. Version 1.6.4 will be out soon.

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

LOL right on!!

7. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

PacMan777,Thank you,that's the answer I was looking for.Appreciate it.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DADEO1
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

9. falcon74

falcon74 Member

well i just copyed all the kings men with any dvd v.6.1.0.2 everything seemd fine unfortunitly nero gave a copy error said bad file structure.so i opened fix vst the newest version and it did it's thing and nero excepeted it and disc runs fine also same kind of problem with lucky # slevin.hope this helps

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

falcon74
    I'm just wondering, when you got the structure error, did Nero still give you the option to burn and say the resulting disc might not be playable? Once I've gotten the files transcoded or encoded, I've never had a DVD not play when I got that error and continued on and burned. If I started getting unplayable discs, then I'd jump all over the FixVTS. Normally I process ripped files with FixVTS (when needed) so the transcoding or encoding software will work with them. That's before, not after. Next time you get the error go ahead and record with Nero. Use an RW if you have one (RW may not play on some standalone players) or a +R or -R to see what happens, DVD5(s) are cheap nowadays.

11. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Ignore the warning...burn anyway...just like "pacman777" said...Iv'e never had an unplayable disc afterwards...It will save you the extra steps...

12. falcon74

falcon74 Member

thanks guys i will try that next time i get that error i just did crank and little ms sunshine no problems i did send the info to slysoft for there evaluation.the fix fts doesn't take that long less time than a burn all is well in nero land.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome.
    A lot of us (who have burned a lot of DVD backups with Nero) have at one time or another run into that warning and found out for DVD backups, it's most often a false warning. What's happening is that the manufacturer includes intentional errors to block copying as part of their copy protection. I figure if the factory item played and I can get the files to DVD, then they should play okay. Things may happen with newer encryption, but so far the transcoding and encoding software has been getting the job done. Like I said earlier, if I start getting unplayable DVD backups, then I'll try FixVTS before and after. So far there has been no need to go to that extreme.

Plus, if you feel more confident the way you're doing it there is no reason not to. Like you said, it only takes a few minutes more. There's no particular way set in stone. ;) But once you get a better understanding of how the copy protection and software works, you'll see why many of us ignore particular error warnings. That's what the manufacturer wants, no copies.

Good luck.

14. spinly

spinly Member

I DID ATTACK FORCE, I just right clicked on anydvd icon in my task bar. I went to rip video-dvd to hard drive. after I did that i used clone dvd to process the video files again as though i was doing it for the first time. I then used clone dvd to again to write the files. I hope this helps someone

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Basically what we were discussing, reprocessing for DVD comppliance using FixVTS before transcoding and burning. The AnyDVD ripper incorporates an older version of FixVTS.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

wonder why anydvd doesn't update FixVTS within the program

17. gus738

gus738 Guest

what you mean????? fix vts is one company and anydvd /slysoft is someone else

18. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

gus738 , anydvd incorporates FixVTS within the program in the ripper fuction

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  19. falcon74

falcon74 Member

Slysoft returned this info to me yesterday

Hi,

Please try it with the trial version of CloneDVD2 from our website. If
    there is an error as well, it will help us to analyse the problem.

Best regards,

John Smith
    Customer Support

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL Good ole John. He killed two birds with one bolder. He's giving you a sales promo in trying to get you to use slysoft software. Like it and you may buy it. Second was to see if there is a software issue. That's been done before. If you have a problem with one software, it's often a good policy to check out another to make sure it's the software and not copy protection or a system problem.