1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonys at it again , new protection

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rannh651, Dec 5, 2006.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@creaky

Happy New Year buddy. Great minds think alike. Is it just you and I (the 2 luckiest members here at AD) that can rip any DVDs with DVDFab Decrypter?

You know I keep thinking to myself, ok this time if DVDFab Decrypter can't rip this title, then I'll fire up my RipIt4Me, but for some reason I "never" had to at all. However, sometimes I'm bored and yes... I did tested (usually ripped) with RipIt4Me after DVDFab Decrypter and both passed successfully as usual.

Best of luck to all!!

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- Happy New Year to you and everyone else; LOL we must be. i have the odd problem now and then but nothing that isn't always fixed in the new updates which luckily for me always seem to be out there whenever i (rarely) hit problems..

- - i try to keep up with all the ripit4me threads but i just haven't had to actually use it due to DVDFab Decrypter doing it's thing all the time.

- i haven't had time to experience that particular feeling for 6years, soon to be 7 :)

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Isn't DVDFab Decrypter the decryption software from DVDFab Platinum and Gold, except for a few bells and whistles? I noticed they share the same version number. I've used DVDFab with good results. I got used to DVD Decrypter though and never gave it up. I started using AnyDVD with it before LUK stopped support. Like they say, more than one way to skin a cat. I'm glad we've got all the different options.

4. creaky

- i guess so; i say that as i know it's the freebie one but i don't know what the Platinum or Gold actually give over the free one. Basically back when DVD Decrypter was no more i was reading the threads one day and i read about the DVDFab Decrypter freebie (i think it was one of arniebear's posts actually), i tried it and it worked so stayed with it. I get a bit lazy and happy with what i'm using (most of the time) so if something works i stick with it and just lurk on threads for other programs until such time as i (might) need alternatives.. i'm lazy and fairly informed

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

EDITED: creaky beat me, LOL. This damn "Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 ISO" is taking forever to download, making my comp slow down. Damn DSL connection, LOL!!

@PacMan777

Yes, DVDFab Decrypter is the same ripping/decrypting engine as DVDFab Platinum. It's basically the FREE version of DVDFab Platinum, from Fengtao (the author behind DVDIdle Pro and DVD Region+CSS FREE).

Fengtao has rised up and introduced DVDFab Decrypter (totally FREE) to the public since last June 2005, when DVD Decrypter (from LUK) was shutdown by Macrovision.

Mr. DVDFab aka Fengtao has done a wonderful job to update all of his tools weekly (frequently) just to handle any of the latest encrypted protections by the big guys (SONY and Macrovision) just like AnyDVD. Instead Fengtao provided us his free ripper aka DVDFab Decrypter at no cost.

When I first started out as a newbie, I used nothing but DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (from LUK). Then once DVD Decrypter got shutdown and forced to cease it's development, I got my hands on DVDFab Decrypter and so far it has never let me down. Soon I got to mess around with VobBlanker (specifically to edit/blank/edit unwanted junks like FBI Warnings, rating logos/screens, unwanted Extras, etc.) plus it will filter left over "unreferenced cells or tiny corrupted vts, etc."

Actually, I was introduced to DVD-RB Pro by 2 good buddies of mine "Mort81 and Arniebear." Then "quality" came to my mind, curiosity leaded me to another level, that's when I got a hold of DVD-RB Pro and CCE SP. Eventually, RipIt4Me (DVD Decrypter + FixVTS) aka "the new God of Ripper," which is the newly designed and improved "PSL plugin" via DVD Decrypter and PgcEdit came along. There's no doubt, RipIt4Me (DVD Decrypter + FixVTS) is one of the best FREE method beside DVDFab Decrypter, in my humble opinion.

In constrast, there are a lot of methods to rip and backup DVDs regardless if it's "FREE or retail," it's just a matter of how we use these awesome tools to complete the job.

GOD bless AD and cheers to you, you're doing great helping newbies or those that needed helps (i.e. willing to listen).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Alkohol
    Thanks for the info and the compliment. Much of what I say is close to if not exactly what you and some other AD members are saying. Hopefully I can help some. I've been building PCs and working with software for several years now and know a little bit about how things work.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I forgot, thank you to Creaky, you posted on the decrypter info first. LOL Fengtao is more generous than a lot of retail software companies. They give away the free DVDFab Decrypter and Slysoft jacks the price of the AnyDVD. It's supposed to take a $10 jump (to $49) in January.

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have AnyDVD but use it rarely, as long as the great people of RipIt4Me keep it updated, that is my program. Still cannot beat the freeware. It just has a slight learning curve, once you get it down there are no problems.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I have a computer illiterate brother-in-law who uses RipIt4Me. I set it up for him. He has to remember to keep enough hard drive space on his system. Other than that he uses the one click method and his movies come out good. Of course he isn't editing for improved compression. I guess I did the learning curve and he reaped the benefits. Nice guy though, he gave me a Wobble Bob and a canister of Sony DVD +R discs for Christmas.

10. seanote

seanote Member

My brother in law needed help backing up his copy of Shottas, and we also used DVDFab3, movie only. It would not work full disc, even after updating the program. And for future reference, I tried Ripit4me and it wouldn't work at all. I updated ripit4me and still no success.
    Is there a (free!) process for full disc on the newer Sony releases?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  11. creaky

maybe DVDFab isn't able to do that movie yet via fulldisc mode.
    also, fyi - I personally only ever do movie only as all the extras and other crap is on the original DVD (and i rarely watch them on the originals either) :)

edit- lately i've been subscribing to a few DVDFab threads over at cdfreaks where Fengtao himself posts & replies to posts re the awesomw DVDFab..

12. seanote

seanote Member

Yea, I only want the movie, myself. I can't remember the last time I watched anything but a blooper reel.

But I would like to know how to get everything if it's possible.

13. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

@seanote, I've gone back to using AnyDVD's older versions which currently I'm using 6.0.8.5 and I've backed up Shottas using version 6.0.8.5 & NERO 7 Recode 2 with no trouble at all full disc menus and extras included.

14. lifeless

lifeless Member

hey just a heads up on shottas. any dvd ripper 6.1.0.1 to rip the files and shrink after no problems what so ever.

15. EMCCABE

EMCCABE Member

I just burned the movie shottas using clonedvd and anydvd 6.1.0.1. 3 times it came up dic error push retry and it worked.Full moive plays fine.

16. kofe

kofe Guest

Try the good old DVDFAB and the Shrink. Shit Tight cuzz!!

17. shiloh72

shiloh72 Guest

I agree with Creaky dvdfab decrypter works well.

18. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

Can I take advantage of the expertise in this thread and ask another question about AnyDVD? Slysoft advises to copy your registration key incase you need it for later.When I started to copy it(the entire AnyDVDfolder) to a CD I get a pop up error box.It's called:
    CONFIRM STREAM LOSS and it says "the file "key-AnyDVD" has extra information attached to it that might be lost if you continue copying.The contents of the file will not be affected.Do you want to copy the file anyway?
    I'm not sure what to do? How do you copy your registration key so you have it incase you need it again? What exactly do you copy,your entire AnyDVD folder? What about this pop up message I get? Thank you.

19. Franster

Franster Member

I saved the key that Slysoft sent to me to the desktop and then saved it to a floppy disc. So, go into the original e-mail or your registry and save it.

20. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

Could you give me a clue to the path to take to find it in my registry? Thank you....again.