1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonys blu ray has been hacked

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by tabletpc, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ruffpatch

ruffpatch Member

BR's shamefully loosing.. Nearly everything they do, HD DVD's already done if not better. And for the most convincing argument, even movies in HD with special features don't need the extra space that BD provides over HDDVD. Serves Sony right for initially backing up plain ol DVD and then jumping to BR as soon as it saw more money on that side

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

there not losing its still saleing,however they are alittle behind HDVD thigns might turn around next year or not sony's abilty to turn around has been handicapped for the last 5 years....they need to slim down adapt and get their stuff together BR is the better/more powerful format but tis been used ineffectively much like the UDM and even the PSP they refuse to move from their price plan they refuse to do more with it then they should be able to exsecpt immediate failure from it for not adapting....

3. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

i think hd-dvd will win becaues most things that are cheaper win..

HD-DVD=cheaper,good quality.
    Blueray=very expensive,also good quality

i think the cheaper always win becaues people do not wanna spend 1000$ on a blueray player when they can buy a HD-DVD player for cheaper...and same quality..

the ps3 was prolly only made to boost popularity for blueray..but with blueray it made the system verryy expensive so not many people are buying them..
    i have no clue why i added that last sentance just all my opinions please no sonyfan boys start flipping out about that:)

4. gus738

gus738 Guest

LMAO hd dvd has droped the bomb and no movies are coming in for 2007 at all .... warner and other companies say that blue ray is winning GOOGLE engadget red the couple pages of hd dvd and a blue ray is at 500/600 dollar with ps3 AND the ps3 is one of the BEST blue ray players !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  5. emachine

emachine Guest

Are you saying the war is over?

6. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Funny because I just read a CES news release where HD DVD anounced 300 new titles for 2007:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-07-2007/0004501052&EDATE=
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=783072&page=1

7. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

yeah this is true so how exacly has blue ray already one? only becaue sof ps3? noo

8. gumbowie

gumbowie Regular member

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

i wouldnt say the war is over because total hd is coming

( a holograic disc) alto they are usuing this disc with blue ray/hd dvd originaly this was soposed to be a technology that in our lifetime we might of not seen ( im 17 btw) so who knows why the using the holograic disc to make total hd ...

dvd is dieing ( as prices are indications) but we arent getting anywhere because the prefrense of blue ray vs hd dvd then both for total hd then someitntg else???? we are going to miss many movies that are only on one formate while it wont come out on another formate

BUT YEA the war is not yet over

btw to this original thread name HOW is the blue ray really hacked?

10. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

Where on earth did you get the idea that dvds are a dieing format? I think not-dvds are still selling at a fast clip-maybe you're thinking about vhs-which is for most purposes dead.

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

DVD will sale strongly for the next 10 years,when I say DVDs I mean DVD blank media,games,movies,ect,ect

after that DVDs will take another 10 years to "die" out,so DVDs will be around for another 20 easily....

12. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

I agree DVD's will still keep going strong, for a lot more years, we will only see them die out, when other types of media and hardware become more compatibale and complacent with BluRay or HD-DVD maybe both, and I think when BluRay or HD-DVD beccomes the "general" media, as DVD is now, and the prices of HD begin to drop a bit, and then drop to normal everyday consumer tpye prices, thats when DVD's will begin to see their last days on the shelf.

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

LMAO i know vhs was history a long time ago for me !!!!! havnt you paid attention to the recent sales in dvds? they are pratically free now in days but hd /nor blue ray are a standard formate as both are still on war , total hd sounds promsing however i still say blue/hd should team up and just be 1 company with the most biggest compacity while retainging the quality plus the security

14. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

15. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

You really don't know what you're talking about. DVDs are gonna be around for a long time-so what if they're cheaper-what happened to vhs when it became common? Prices dropped. Go do your homework before you make a statement like that.

16. midnightm

midnightm Member

bad news bears

what's good with HD dvds?

17. S2K

S2K Regular member

DVD, meaning SD DVD is not dying. There are about ten times as many units out there in consumer hands than ever existed for VHS.
    When Blu-Ray and HD DVD are fully hacked and players and burners hit $100 or less you will see some traction.

18. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

Standard def dvd is not dieing-maybe you are-research backs me up-and it's gonna be around for a long time yet.

19. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

i dont know why you people are going with one over the other...
    im waiting for the one company to come out that will play Both Blu-ray DVDs, and HD-DVD.. so ha? lol

that beind said.. once this company releaces its product..the price of blu-ray and HD-DVD players will fall - drasticaly.

anyways.. im not suprised someone has hacked the PS3...its almost built on the same format as the PSP... and..well.. the PSP was by far the easiest to hack.

20. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

LG has already coe out with a combo player - the BH100 Super Multi Blue HD Player which retails at $1200:

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9678398-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mt

Maybe for the first gen models but I don't see standalone player prices coming down soon.

I think you're confusing BluRay movie discs (which is the topic of this thread) to the PS3 console. The guy who hacked HD-DVD has come out with a hack for BluRay movies too. AFAIK the PS3 console itself hasn't been hacked yet.