1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sooooo frustrated CANT GET ANY DVD COPIES T WORK

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kjarboe, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

OK So i have a NO SOLDER mod-chip on my PS2 V5. I have used nero to copy a few DVD and CD based ps2 gams with NO SUCCESS WHAT-SO-EVER. Now my burner ONLY burns DVD+RW's...AND i can copy DVD's VIDEO's less than 4GB succesfully but thats IT. IF i can copy a VIDEO DVD my ps2 obviously reads DVD+RW's?!?!?!? Why wouldnt it read the DVD+RW games?!?!?!? I have heard DVD+RW are not as compatable with the v5 PS2 as DVD-RW but why would a DVD movie on +RW media work and not a game on +RW media?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!! Im ready to call it quits and just sell the burner, ps2 and modchip and play computer based games!!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Kj[/small]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I have a v5 ps2 with a magic 3 modchip and dvd+rw doesn't work in it for games. I dunno about movies, dvd-rw doesn't work for games but it does for movies, its just weird really!

3. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

So what DOES work with your v5 ps2 for dvd-r games. ALos i cant get ps1 or ps2 CD-R games to work either. Im selling my entire collection and buying a ps2 with a modchip already in it...if its a v7 then it should play both.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I guess because when playing the DVD+rw movie your PS2 doesn't look at the chip that you installed (Copied movies also play without chip) and booting a copied DVD game the PS2 will look at the chip installed. If it's a DVD+rw it will not work for you....that's what you allready found out sofar.

Two things to do:
    1. sell the HP writer 100j, buy one that can burn DVD+r and +rw (like the one I have HP200i)
    2. sell the PS2 or modchip and get a PS2 with messiah or Magic that will boot DVD+rw. I guess version 5 and higher does the job.

5. Dela

Kjarboe, there is something wrong with your chip if ps2 cd-rom games refuse to boot! as for ps1 games in a ps2, some chips require the use of a gameshark 1, action replay 1 to boot them!

6. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

My AR2 came with both a ps2 and ps2 disc and they both work with orginal games so that cant be the problem.

7. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

#1 why get a new burner that does +r AND +rw if my burner already does +rw. #2 i have a v5 ps2 and i know several people can play +rw media. #3 why wouldnt cd-r media work? I have tried 2 cd-writers. grrrrrrrr.

8. pjclark1

pjclark1 Member

i have a v5 and no solder mod
    dvd-rw movies play
    dvd-rw games don't
    dvd-r games play no problem with swap magic 2
    boot disks

9. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

DVD copied movies should work without a mod chip. A no solder modchip wont affect that.

10. XcolterX

XcolterX Member

I've got a Version 1 Us PS2 and I "backup" movies all the time. They need to be under 4.7 (naturally) and then I just brun them with toast. Most MGM movies are under 4.7 but some stinkers like Joe Dirt can be really big , I think it was like 7.5 gigs. But a version 1 will play DVD-R's for video , but I dont think any PS2 will play DVD+R or DVD-RW or DVD+RW, but Im not sure.

11. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

v7 PS2's will play DVD-R/RW DVD+R/RW media. Anything under V5. i haven heard very mixed reviews.

12. Dela

The biggest media problem with ps2's are the -RW and +RW. Usually -R and +R work fine for dvd movies. In some cases, RW media will work for movie but not for games. It's mad!!

13. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

hmmmmmmmmmm Anyone want to buy an HP 100j DVD+RW/CD-RW burner??????/ Ill sell it for $150 :)