1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sopranos - Multiple PGC`s ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by joshua, Aug 2, 2002.

1. joshua

joshua Member

Anyone know of a good guide that will help me back up The Sopranos ?
    It has 4 episodes on one disc and they are each different lengths (8,9,8,8 chapters on 4 different PGC`s )
    I have no idea how to split these up as it keeps telling me either the Ifo I create doesn`t exist or when I do get it to find it there is no info in the DVD play screen ?
    Are there any people out there that know of a method for seperating these chapters as it is a DVD-9 and I would like to try to get it down to a DVD-5 with maybe 2 episodes on each disc ?

I would really like to back this one up as I watch it all the time.

2. rocn1976

rocn1976 Member

Hi I have both of the Sopranos season 1 and season 2. I wanted to do the same thing but I found it impossible at the moment because if you notice after you ripp the dvd to your computer there isn't 4 separate vob's that contain the 4 different episodes. If you play the vob files seperatly with your software you can see that the vobs have all four episodes as part of the same vob and I don't know or have found and easy way to cut these vobs and remove certain parts and still make everything work. I know that you can reencode them at a lower bitrate and quality but I don't think it's worth all that work and I haven't found a guide that's easy to follow. Unless some else knows of something we're sh#@t out of luck.

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I tried to figure out how to rip one of these too. Didn't work. I'm on a mac with dvd extractor .09b. I start to extract the tracks but about 75 megs into it the ripping stops and leaves me with a bad m2v file.

So I tried to transfer from a non macrovision player to an E20 and no go. Even ran it through another disabler which usually works, no go.

So I guess buy the damn thing this time :)

4. joshua

joshua Member

I solved our problem and am trying to write a guide for it now
    hope to get in touch soon

5. Tottenham

Tottenham Guest

Just a thought:

Try ripping each episode with sdmart ripper, then making up a menu with DVD Workshop or similar.

I am doing this with the Godfather Trilogy at the moment and it looks professional.

Spurs4Ever