1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sopranos

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kiddladd, Oct 28, 2004.

1. kiddladd

kiddladd Member

After downloading The Sopranos Season 4 Episodes 4,5,6&7 and inserting a blank dvd disk,I clicked on the green button when prompted and immedietly the box said finished. Has anyone encountered this problem?

2. juca39

juca39 Guest

Did you Download Sopranos? or Did you rip it?
    What program did you use to rip it, if you did so?
    It seams to me that you are using DVD X copy, am I right? If you do, stop using it, is trash.
    To burn Sopranos, as any other series DVD, pefectly I always use DVDShrink and DVDDeckrypter (both programs are free). I Deckrypt first with deckrypter (file mode), than use Shrink with deep analisys and than burn with, either nero or deckrypter. 100% success.
    You can find the guide to use both programs in AD.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  3. kiddladd

kiddladd Member

I am using DVD X Copy Gold version, so Iguess I am not actually downloading it but ripping it.

4. juca39

juca39 Guest

You have to download DVDshrink (you can download it within this site, look in software download and look for DVD Shrink)
    Once you have DVD Shrink And DVD decrypter you are ready to go.
    Start by creating a Folder where your files are going to be placed, for example: C:/My Documents/DVD/Sopranos2.
    Place your DVD in your Drive.
    Open Deckrypter and click Mode, File. Decrypter will read your DVD
    Select your destination folder (the one you created, Sopranos2) Click DVD to HD Icon. Let the computer Decrypt. 15-30 minutes more or less, depends of your hardware.
    Open Shrink, Click File, Open and look for the Sopranos2 folder (the one you created), select VIDEO_TS.
    Shrink will open the file and scan it, it will take about 2 minutes.
    In Shrink click Edit, Preference, and in the Preference tab, Select The target size to custom and type 4360, this is to make sure that you can place the whole disk in your DVD. Let the others under Preference as they are, do not change anything.
    Select the full disk Icon. You will see all the Sopranos DVD information.
    In the left hand side of the screen, select Menus, and in the Right hand side select, where it says Automatic and click Custom Ratio, This allows you to move the compression tab to the left, This will lower the quality of the Menus of the DVD but improve the quality of the Main Titles (which is more important). Do the same with Extras or Special Material.
    In the Main Movie unclick unwanted audio and/or subtitles. You are ulmost ready.
    Click the Backup Icon, select the Quality Settings Tab and click Perform deep analysis, This will improve the quality of your burnt DVD, it will take longer though to acomplish the task.
    Than click Target Device and Select Iso Image and burn with decrypter. Decrypter will open by itself once the Iso File has been created (The iso file will be the shrink file that will fit in your DVD)and start burning.
    Afer all has been set, just clik to start Shrinking and your computer will do everything by itself. Stay away from your computer, do not touch anything.
    I forgot to tell you to desabel your screen saver, and internet connection while shrinking, and close all other programs.
    Happy burning